What's new

Scapula tool puzzle and todays stuff

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Scapula tool puzzle and today's stuff

Out this morning and I spotted a piece of this broken scapula. I picked up the piece, actually I pulled on it, and it came out it pieces. It's very fragile but the pieces I found went back together nicely. You can see that it was re-worked from likely a broken scapula hoe. It'll display nicely. :)

I also found several scrapers, a bone bead, mussel shell bead (not completely drilled through) and a chert point.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-10-28_13-29-55_242-1.webp
    2012-10-28_13-29-55_242-1.webp
    188.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 2012-10-28_14-15-36_467-1-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-15-36_467-1-1.webp
    267.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 2012-10-28_14-04-24_443-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-04-24_443-1.webp
    173.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 2012-10-28_14-03-44_652-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-03-44_652-1.webp
    286.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 2012-10-28_14-15-55_836-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-15-55_836-1.webp
    160.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2012-10-28_14-16-35_546-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-16-35_546-1.webp
    247.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 2012-10-28_14-16-52_853-1.webp
    2012-10-28_14-16-52_853-1.webp
    247.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 2012-10-28_19-11-37_583-1.webp
    2012-10-28_19-11-37_583-1.webp
    129.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 2012-10-28_19-01-45_443.webp
    2012-10-28_19-01-45_443.webp
    270.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-10-28_19-24-31_802-1.webp
    2012-10-28_19-24-31_802-1.webp
    101.5 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
Tearing it up! Dang I wanted to go today but was too tired. Great finds man
 
Scapula tool puzzle -
Out this morning and I spotted a piece of this broken scapula. I picked up the piece, actually I pulled on it, and it came out it pieces. It's very fragile but the pieces I found went back together nicely. You can see that it was re-worked from likely a broken scapula hoe. It'll display nicely. :)

Nice finds T Witko.
 
Last edited:
Nice finds T Witko.

Since you mentioned "scapula puzzle" I thought I would show a picture
of a significantly larger puzzle I was working on several weeks ago. All
the pieces were in one container minus the complete specimen. It took
several evenings because you can only look for re-fits for so long a time
before getting bored, lol. These ten bison shoulder blade hoes were in a
cache.

Wow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom