Scout trip, Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a quick scout trip, most of the time was spent doing the preliminary stuff, getting permission and meeting some people. After all of that I didn't have much time left to hunt . This new area is very large, probably around 2000 acres. I picked a spot and dug a nice 3 ring 54 cal. Unfortunately I had to go soon afterward but I will be back this week. Tsgman

Attachments

• new_1-C7A8~1.jpg
    new_1-C7A8~1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 329
  • new_1-C3BE~1.jpg
    new_1-C3BE~1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Well, that's a nice enough bullet! :) Good luck on this site, I hope it produces as well as some of the others you have hunted! :D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful gman!

I know if there's anything there.....you gonna find it!!!

Looking forward to your next post!

;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
TSGMAN, Looks Like a Great Site, Keep us Posted. By The Way When Your Finished with that Horseshoe How about sending it down to Art & Me. trk5capt...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck on your next site Tsgman......enough said....

Attachments

• 2006_0112Image0002.JPG
    2006_0112Image0002.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 230
OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you all, I am anxious to hunt more at that site. I am afraid time is my enemy there, they are putting in a huge subdivision. Kinda sad that a beautiful place like that has to be developed. I read that our population grows as fast in 3 days as it did 100 years ago in 1 year. And now for some good news my 16 year old son got a 29 out of 36 on his first try taking the ACT test. He will take it again in 12th grade.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Tsg,

first off, congrat to your son.

Secondly, looks like a nice site, hope you get to hit it a bit more prior to development.

Had and old, closed down horse farm that looked like your photo. Some small rolling hills,
a small stream. It's a home improvement center now, and parking for a zillion cars. :'(

have a good un........

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats a damn shame Tsgman,...that's why i moved over an hour away from where I work in Maryland...TOO MUCH CONCRETE!!...I'll tell you the move made me alot saner..Anyway good luck on this place,you alway's got some nice thing's to show..get em' before you can't.HH!!

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be better to wait for some snow to knock that grass down a little. It's pretty tall at present. Plus some of the land is changing hands soon and we will need to be sure where we are hunting. I know Bracker wants to go sometime. Tsgman

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Looks like a great place, I hope you get some good hunting time in before they destroy it...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

1171HP

Dec 8, 2004
SW MO
Well, so much for my covert status....oh, and you know BRACKER, well isn't that just great, by the way be careful, be very, very carefull !!!! :D

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I would recommend we wait until some boundaries are set. I probably wont want to then anyway. It's to close for my comfort. Plus I have to many other places that are producing to well. The more I found out about the area the more I am turned off. Bracker played basketball at SMS. He is a super person and I respect him immensely. Not sure if I know you but maybe we can do some relic hunting sometime. I want to take DB sometime when he wants to try it. Sorry if I blew your cover. Have a good weekend. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread