What's new

Scouting - 1600-1640 Petronel & Hammered...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,542
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First picture is 2 hrs 45mins on a Roman Site, just 4 scrappies. We returned to finish off the area but we only got 1 more each.
I wanted to scout a nearby field that was next to an old late Medieval/Tudor village. In the hope of a hammered.
The only promising sign was my first complete 14th C Buckle Strap Junction (for a horse).
However, I did get the find of the day, a 1600-1640 Petronel in the shape of a match lock rifle! Never had this type & a near complete example is very rare!
After 3.5hrs OTWBTTC & nearly at the exit of the field I got a Charles I Sixpence....
The Nero Button got me going...:laughing7:

1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp
5.webp
6.webp
7.webp
8.webp
 
Upvote 43
Wow, great job Cru!
 
Outstanding finds - congrats ! :icon_thumright:
 
Cool gun, it's pretty big actually. Seen smaller versions.
Well dug on the hammered.
 
I love that (toy?) gun!
A sore loss back in the day no doubt
Yes, a working black powder toy, but out of reach for 90% of the population of the time. (rich kid or rich gentlemen's toy)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom