What's new

Scraper or spear head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryb

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today along the river. DSC01025.webp
DSC01024.webp
DSC01029.webp
DSC01027.webp
DSC01028.webpDSC01026.webp
 
Upvote 0
Scraper is what I'd call it. It's a beautiful find.
 
She’s a beaut! Love the material.
 
Amazing find. I’d love to find that. Good job
 
Great find! It has really nice flaking on it & nice colors too!
 
Think I’d say scraper but one of the prettiest ones I’ve seen , what state are you from ?
 
As thin as that piece is I would think it's a Knife and not a Scraper. Great looking piece.
 
Being a thin biface suggests use as a cutting tool.
A lot of downward pressure is put on scrapers, that is the reason why they are generally a thick and robust tool.
 
Ohio
 
Great find!!

I would be thinking knife Larryb and a very nice one.

It could have done some scraping, but it is a popular knife form.
 
Looks like a knife. Not a scraper in my opinion, as thin as edge is more likely a knife.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom