What's new

Seal? Notary? Help!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Hey everybody....I just got home from tour and had a chance to hunt here and there while I was gone....This item I found in Atlanta at the site of an old woodchip mill from the mid to late 1800's that is now a music venue...(well at least it has been as far as I know for the last 16 years) There is still a lot of old machinery around, and a back yard area where bigger concerts are held....I found this "coin" about 4" down and next to an old rock wall down from the railroad tracks......I tried looking on the net, but had no luck....any and all help would be greatly appreciated...As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Baggins
 

Attachments

  • Tour Finds 002.webp
    Tour Finds 002.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Tour Finds 003.webp
    Tour Finds 003.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Tour Finds 002.webp
    Tour Finds 002.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 303
  • Tour Finds 003.webp
    Tour Finds 003.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 291
Not sure its notary
a notary seal would require two coins, one sided
attached to pliers
Maybe a wax stamp?
Must say I'm baffled on this one
 
Upvote 0
Could be a Corporate Seal...many businesses had them....

Also architects & engineers had them...in fact, I have 3 such architect embossing seals for California, Nevada and Texas.

Seals such as those were not only used to seal contract and legal documents, but also letters and envelopes, ledgers and other docs.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find, Baggins...from what I can read looks like D & S Mailing Service Inc, can't make out the town but I do see Georgia. No clue what it could be use for.

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Stefen's got it; corporate seal.
If you wanted to follow up further, you might contact the Georgia Corporations Division of the Georgia Secretary of State:
315 West Tower, 2 MLK, Jr. Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30334-1530
404.656.2817
 
Upvote 0
Any idea as to age?
Baggins
 
Upvote 0
I got mine in thre 70's and stopped using them about 20 years ago.

So I would assume the age to range from 1880's to 1980's.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Pangus, I found it at what is now known as The Masquerade....
Baggins
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom