USNFLYR
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2018
- Messages
- 334
- Reaction score
- 476
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I just returned from an area that had extensive hydraulic gold mining operations. It was near La Porte Ca. I found this very fragile tin box. It was almost whole when I dug it up, but it is crumbling away just sitting on a shelf. I noticed the chinese characters stamped into the box lid. I’m not sure if it is a "seal" or brand, etc. Can anyone help in educating what the letters indicate? Also found is a long crush metal cylinder. Along with water pressure, the miners blasted away the hillside. Is this something that could’ve been a cartridge from projectile used in bringing down the hillside, or maybe a tube-remnant from a modern cartridge (used in avalanche control)?
Last edited:







