What's new

Search called off

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
This month has been a CRH disaster so far. With only 2 days a week to search it has snowed on at least one of my days off.

The bank that normally takes all my loose change had me wait for two hours while they were counting. That's no big deal because I get there early.

Then the new manager told me that they can no longer take my change. To top it off they only counted one box of halves.Leaving me with boxes of dimes.

My other dump banks wants the coins rolled which is not a big deal for halves,but dimes area nightmare.

So I've been spending my time rolling dimes on my last day off and will be doing so before and after work. This weeks search is called off.

Don't have any other banks around that will except loose coins.

So no more boxes for me after the next shipment. Strictly bank hopping,weather permitting.

I prefer road trips over boxes anyway.
 
Upvote 0
man that sucks.....don't know what i'd do if i had to rerol....although i've been thinking about it since my dump bank has been shorting me.oh well the price of CRH i guess
 
I was just saying yesterday, you'll see more & more banks not wanting to take change!
 
Can't you buy a rerolling machine?

-Golden Silver
 
I've been on a search for a bank that accepts loose change, but there are none in the area. After hearing about others being shorted by the machines, I decided that it was better off rolling myself. It isn't a big deal with the assistance of a coin sorter. I don't use an automatic one as they are prone to jamming so mine is a simple plastic contraption that measures the correct count. It might take a half hour to roll a box of dimes or pennies.
 
Man that sucks!!!! I would loose my mind if I had to re-roll my coins!!!! :angry5: :BangHead: :angry5: :cussing:
Hope you can find a new dump bank that has a coin counter. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom