Silver Searcher
Gold Member
- #1
Thread Owner

Searching for sites..what do you look for. This is what I look for
Construction sites, especially ones that are near Roman roads, a couple of years back I had some nice finds from a Motorway extension. When I find a good site I hunt the hedge sides, the workers wifes would often sit there in the shelter of the hedges and mend clothes and cook food..great place to find thimbles and spindle whorles ect. These are just a few.
What's yours
SS


. Seriously though, I'm busy working on your second favourite thing in the whole wide world, sausages and new recipes for my local pig farmer
. I check my "Fair sites of England" then check OS maps and local history, if that looks good I check Google Earth or other sources for A/Ps. Oral history can work too, I also do a fair amount of field walking (with Benson) looking for pottery etc, but I don't do this without a sausage sandwich
(sorry mate, had to slip that one in)
)






