Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island Tours and Friends of Oak Island Tours sold out all available tour dates for the 2020 season almost immediately. Oak Island Tours run two tours a day with 50 people per tour, and has 34 weekend dates. Ticket price is $49.90CN. Friends of Oak Island (a non profit) has 14 of the weekend dates between June and September and run the large tour of 150 people two times a day. Their ticket prices are $37.77 adults, $19.47 ages 6 to 15, and age 5 or less is free.

The important tour information. While tour dates could become available due to ticket cancellations, there are no weekday dates scheduled in 2020 because the show films on the weekdays.

Salty Dog Tours still has dates available for the 2020 season. They do boat trips with 24 passengers per trip and now do 4 tours per day, 7 days a week. The summer weekday tour (show filming) is poplar.

Oh yea, if you need a place to stay there's the "Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre". Reviews do complain about the food menu.

So by now you might be able to figure "The Curse of Oak Island" could be more about Nova Scotia history and tourism than finding a real treasure in the "Money Pit". I'm OK with that. The show has many fans and some are able to travel to Nova Scotia for a fun vacation.

SUMMARY: If they don't add any weekday tour dates to the schedule soon, look for "Season 8".

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a business to me. It's the sort of thing that really never got any traction until the story was retold to the masses in just the right way. The tours in the 1980s were pretty sad.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A tour of Absolutely nothing! Two dozen rusty nails, spikes, and $10m in digging costs! I hope the narrator at least does the tours to spice it up a little.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope the narrator at least does the tours to spice it up a little.

I wonder if Canadian Customs would spot a wire garrotte in luggage? Might be worth the trip.

Luca_Brasi

Last edited:

rschneider3

Greenie
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't travel half way across the country for that, but I would be interested in seeing the area. Especially the French Fort they showed a few episodes back, that looks amazing.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have terrible news - "Turns out they will be filming the Curse of Oak Island starting right away with a film crew of four and the team members from NS."

- From the "Oak Island From The Other Side of The Causeway" Facebook page, where they uncovered a set of Templar rail wheels (actually something that looks like it would have belonged to a hand rail ore cart)

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Canadian Customs would spot a wire garrotte in luggage? Might be worth the trip.

Luca_Brasi

That operation is Shoelace at best.....don't waste good money on them in any way

Seeing as the dig made things more interesting for their mining and mineral company, they can spend all they want putting it back when it's over....giving tours of the island as they are filling the hole back up.

Book is finished except the last chapter and will be an interesting finish at the vault in the side of the cliff.....some exposure, danger, and real excitement once we get it all rigged for the show.

Book will include a pullout map of the entire route from France to Scotland and Nova Scotia, at Mahone Bay and Yarmouth, and then into Vermont along their mapped routes using the vectors found in stone in France.

From the landing the documentary will walk you through the entire series of carvings and will relay the storyline that accompanies them, with some kind of narrative.

Pitching to an agent this week and will see if there is any interest

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freak shows have always appealed to the yokel masses.

Vintage-Sideshow-Circus-Poster-Freak-Show-schlitzie-the-pinhead-Classic-Canvas-Paintings-Wall-Posters-Stickers-Home.jpg_960x960.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island admissions ticket from the 90's, back before the investors exploited television to pump up the popularity and prices!

Attachments

• 2021-01-08-0002.jpg
    2021-01-08-0002.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 118

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions