SEASON 8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to find out why the Restall's didn't hook up to have electricity but can't find anything on it. They weren't rich but had made a good living up to that time and would think they'd have had the money to hook up and not live on the island year round with none.. Yes I read the book on them and don't recall it ever saying the island had electricity and they elected not to hook up to it... Those are some harsh winters.. SO cold that the bay between the island and the nearest mainland would freeze and they could walk across... I'm not saying what you posted is not true just that I have questions that I haven't been able to find answers to on it.. Like why would power lines be laid to come onto the island over by that area when the causeway which was built connecting to the nearest mainland is on the otherside of the island.. Where is that power line coming from? Another one of the 100's of islands in the area? I would think it would come from the mainland the shortest distance across the water and not wrap all the way around the island. But who knows at this point I haven't been able to find anything on it..So I'll ask do you have a source for that info?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
"I'm not saying what you posted is not true" ???. Are you living in some alternative reality with another Oak Island that these are not photos of?

These are aerial photos taken of Oak Island in the 1930s.

One prior to the electricity pole easement being put in where you can plainly see there is no swamp.

And one after the electricity pole easement was put in which then blocked the natural run off and caused a swamp to develop.

(Both photos are at least 30 years prior to the causeway being constructed in 1965.)

What are you going to say next, that they must be secret Templar Power Poles you can see in the photos that nobody knew existed because the show has only told you there was an ancient swamp that ships sailed into?

You sort of understand you are watching a TV show that employs writers who make up stories to film?

(And as far a Restall being well off, the guy was susbsisting between monetary handouts as a white slave on the island working at the whim of the owner who was constantly threatening to sell him out.)

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Restalls were a circus act riding motorcycles in a caged dome and traveled the world doing so. At the time they came to OI they were pretty well set money wise. Did he ever do side work around the area to earn money, maybe I don't know. It was not mentioned in the book on them...
Do you agree that the ocean is in the lower left and upper right corner? I know when the causeway was built, was just using that as a reference to the most likely place to bring power to the island as it is the closest to mainland. Which is why they built the causeway over there.. Which you did not try to answer. Why run the power all the way around the island. Might be a reason out there, I'm just asking.. How hard is that to understand. I'm asking you a question and you apparently don't know the answer and you got pissed for some reason. If you don't know just say so. No big deal. I did it in this post as I don't know if Restall ever did any side work while living on the island. I have never read that he did but it is possible..
I don't see how clearing the area for those pole caused the swamp. It gives rain water and easier path to the ocean. My thinking is the road that was built around the island might have caused the swamp, but I'd want to see a pic of when the road was being built to see if the swamp was already there or not. It looks like those poles are going up a hill. Granted it's hard to tell in these old pics for sure.. I have never mentioned that I BELIEVE the Templars ever did anything on the island NEVER. Is it possible yes.. Here is a wider view pic of your pic and I have a question to ask about it. What is happening in the lower left corner of this pic? ( really just above the corner )

Attachments

• OI Pic.jpg
    OI Pic.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody should have checked with the power companies. Yes they had electricity on both ends of Oak Island. As a brick factory stood where Fred Nolan's house is located today.(Or I should say Fred Nolan's Son's house) as early as 1920's. There was also a Sawmill ran by the Smith Family on the West End of Oak Island. After the Brick Factory and the Saw Mill shut down, power could have been discontinued for Oak Island as maintenance would cost too much with no one using the power and no income from the industries? The power company could have had trouble with the underground cables going to Oak Island, after a storm or such. If you follow the power poles you can see them running to the Brick Factory.

Freeman, The photo you have there is not a good indication of the "Swamp" as that is a double exposed photograph. I made the same mistake when I first saw it. Posters on the Oak Island Forum corrected me for the photo being double exposed.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also if you zoom in on these pics of where the swamp is, look just inland from the ocean and you can see water is there as the swamp at that point is apparently more like a marsh land area and not just open water like it is today... Case solved on the swamp being there many years ago as the tv experts have claimed by core samples from the area...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunfield put the road at the South End of what became the Swamp. He covered up the old wharf or road that had been made to the Brick Factory up at the Nolan Property. That skidway or road as they call it is no older than 1910 or 1920 and earliest would be 1880. There has got to be government records and tax records of the Saw Mill of the Smith Family and there has got to be the same records for the Brick Factory. They made at least 10 shows from the 1930 Wharf. You can see the Wharf in the 1931 aerial photograph even has the box they made shows off of trying to act like it was a shaft. The reason they never dug in the shaft at the Sunken Water Hole is because they knew it was a searcher shaft. Same with the Water Hole on the South Shore, David Blankenship found it and they excavated down to about 60 feet. The Lagina's has never even looked down that shaft. Maybe in a future 20 year episode after they have gotten all the mud, wood and rocks out of the Swamp and in the Woods above. Actually it is really a "SCAM" being pulled on the audience just for the sake of M-O-N-E-Y.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
So the point being out of all this is the narrative being spun about some swamp or inlet being where ships unloaded a treasure onto a wharf with a road leading the Money Pit is total bunkum and they know they can get away with handing out crap like that because 99% of the audience don't even bother looking to see if it's true or not.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is correct. They made over 35 shows on the works that had already been found in Smith's Cove. They even acted like the 1931 Wharf was a skidway and the square at the end they made it out to be a hidden shaft. Got to Dangerous had to fill it all back in. Then they opened the shaft at the Sink hole ran out of time on their contract had to fill it back in. They have found nothing. I have found more treasure in one day than they have in 8 years spending about $40 Million in their process but hey the Canadian Taxpayers are footing the millions and commercials and sponsors are paying the salaries that have made each of the actors a millionaire. They know the Swamp was formed when Dunfield made the road on the South End of what became the Swamp because it filled with fresh water. They know that what they are doing now is the road going to the Brick Factory in 1910 or 1920. To put if off on viewers as dated to 1320 to 1440AD is nothing more than a Scam. The same poles were found in the Swamp by Rick Lagina and Fred Nolan they said dated to the 16th and 17th Century now they claim 14th to 15th Century for the same poles that were put there at the turn of the century for the Brick Factory. Nothing but a large scale SCAM.

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
That is correct. They made over 35 shows on the works that had already been found in Smith's Cove. They even acted like the 1931 Wharf was a skidway and the square at the end they made it out to be a hidden shaft. Got to Dangerous had to fill it all back in. Then they opened the shaft at the Sink hole ran out of time on their contract had to fill it back in. They have found nothing. I have found more treasure in one day than they have in 8 years spending about $40 Million in their process but hey the Canadian Taxpayers are footing the millions and commercials and sponsors are paying the salaries that have made each of the actors a millionaire. They know the Swamp was formed when Dunfield made the road on the South End of what became the Swamp because it filled with fresh water. They know that what they are doing now is the road going to the Brick Factory in 1910 or 1920. To put if off on viewers as dated to 1320 to 1440AD is nothing more than a Scam. The same poles were found in the Swamp by Rick Lagina and Fred Nolan they said dated to the 16th and 17th Century now they claim 14th to 15th Century for the same poles that were put there at the turn of the century for the Brick Factory. Nothing but a large scale SCAM.

You know where the real things are, somewhere near Anapolis ...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome back to reality Franklin, :occasion14:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to reality Franklin, :occasion14:

" But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know where the real things are, somewhere near Anapolis ...

I know one place I would like to dig about 30 feet deep. I even believe there is an entrance to the treasure. It is probably within 50 miles of Oak Island on the Mainland. May be near Anapolis?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be New Ross ?

No they got that treasure for the American Revolution. It is gone. Sinclair had about 30 Knights build a fortification there in 1395. It was a castle just a stone fortification with a well.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be New Ross ?

New Ross never had treasure there. Rocks lying on the ground do not equate to a templar castle as neither do a fake carved rock in a well. The lie didn’t work for the hoax island 90 foot fake stone and doesn’t work for New Ross either....

Time for all those who GUARANTEE TO HAVE FOUND TREASURE to show it to the world vs. continuing to perpetuate fictional myths.

Or admit they are fiction writers hoping a cable show will promote their stories...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they got that treasure for the American Revolution. It is gone. Sinclair had about 30 Knights build a fortification there in 1395. It was a castle just a stone fortification with a well.

Sinclair and his minions never crossed the Atlantic, period.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but you are just as wrong as I am right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread