SEASON 8

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's episode, it is the start of another exciting day on Oak Island. The theme this week is to Go Drill Deeper. Previously, they gave up as soon as there was any type of problem. Now near the money pit area, they find old-looking wood splinters at 181: the deepest wood they've seen. As they keep going down they find a thick horizontal beam chunk at 180 in a nearby hole (DE9.25) beneath a 5 ft layer of solid bedrock. They could be connected to the original money pit! No sign of the Chappell vault though.

In the swamp they find a squared-off beam: A wooden beam next to the stone pathway...could they be connected? And a wooden beam with two gorgeous potentially ancient spikes still attached. Best of all: in that soccer announcer's voice: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD! A heavy gold colored knob, possibly from captain's quarters of a sailing ship or a jewel chest! Although the expert did say that it was brass from an old high-end object.

Another archeologist Liz Michels has been added to help investigate the Templar serpent mound. They did finally conclude that it wasn't a Templar serpent mound - it was confirmed to be a spoils dump, although a Templar spoils dump has not been ruled out.

They will continue unearthing the stone pathway that leads out of the swamp.

Thanks Mike.

So they found more WOOD..... There seems to be more wood in that area of OI than dirt! There must be so much old wood floating around in those tunnels by now with all the holes, and collapses that have been drilled over the 200+ years.

It is difficult to see how they could be still in anyway excited about finding more wood in the pit area.

I am SHOCKED it was not a Templar serpent mound.....

Once again thanks Mike enjoy your summaries saves me having to watch the show..

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like a crappy brass door knob to me, but I ain’t no metal detecting expert

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Removed the show from scheduled recordings last night. With MikeN’s excellent summaries there is no need to pad the fictional drama show’s ratings.

The last two years have been nothing but rehashing and introducing new quack pots with ridiculous fictional theories.

Enough of that can be found on forum pages here...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like a crappy brass door knob to me, but I ain’t no metal detecting expert
I think Gary holds this qualification..

510gTvUb5kL._AC_.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Removed the show from scheduled recordings last night. With MikeN’s excellent summaries there is no need to pad the fictional drama show’s ratings.

The last two years have been nothing but rehashing and introducing new quack pots with ridiculous fictional theories.

Enough of that can be found on forum pages here...

That's OK - it all comes out in the end. I subscribed my neighbor's DVR to the show while I was over there tonight (with permission).

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...So they found more WOOD..... There seems to be more wood in that area of OI than dirt! ...
The Templar, other Crusaders, and the Medieval Church made good money selling pieces of the True Cross, Sasquash, Rick and Marty need to get Diana Jean Muir on the show to verify if Henry Sinclair and his merry over the hill Templars dropped it.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We find out who's been pulling the strings in the war room -

View attachment 1896231

What is truly "mind numbingly amazing" about that photo is they have made over 120 episodes of the show, spent 10s of millions of dollars and all they have to show for it is a table of worthless junk.....

The most valuable item on that table would not be worth $10.....

Merlyn555

Aug 28, 2009
Kingston, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Assuming that there is something hidden on OI there appears to be a possible source of information overlooked or intentionally ignored.

Evidence gathered over the years has suggested the possible presence of military occupation by British Naval and/or marine elements of the Army.

If such government sanctioned forces were present then records should exist in the archives of the Royal Quartermasters Corps or the Royal Corps of Royal Engineers (Cardiff, Wales). Both of these units would have been involved in such an important mission and both units were meticulous record keepers.

The Quartermasters Corps would also have left their mark discreetly engraved in stone, The Crows Foot. ( /l\ ), somewhere on the island.

This would only be true if the units were on "official" business.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would only be true if the units were on "official" business.
Not that I any longer believe that something of value may remain hidden on OI.....

The things I have read suggest hat the "military" theory has the soldiers either burying "plunder" on Oak Island

BRITISH IMPERIAL TREASURES
In 1762, British forces besieged and captured the Cuban city of Havana, discovering a large sum of money in the process. With a naval base in Halifax, Nova Scotia, it’s been claimed the British buried their imperial treasures on nearby Oak Island to prevent them falling into the hands of American revolutionaries.

or The British hiding solder payroll there for a limited time period.

I doubt that either of these would have been recorded as they were deliberate attempt to hide something...

Still I do agree with you proper researchers would check this out...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's to say that they haven't tried researching that but if it wasn't recorded anywhere there is nothing to find.. and even if it is true it might have already been retrieved from the hiding place..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I any longer believe that something of value may remain hidden on OI.....

The things I have read suggest hat the "military" theory has the soldiers either burying "plunder" on Oak Island

or The British hiding solder payroll there for a limited time period.

I doubt that either of these would have been recorded as they were deliberate attempt to hide something...

Still I do agree with you proper researchers would check this out...

But does it still count if it’s not templar/aztec/bacon/Blackbeard treasure? 8-)

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just saw a commercial for the new episode, they found Columbus' shoe...

Imagine in a land where people were farming you should find a shoe!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be? The shoe heel of Sir Francis Bacon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread