What's new

Seated Dime !!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2014
Messages
2,752
Reaction score
3,834
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last few hunts have been very subpar to say the least. A few Wheaties, NYC subway token, junk, junk, and, more junk.

Decided to go out today for a few hours see what I can find in the woods, the woods where no one's deer hunting LOL, bow season opened today in my area.

Sure enough I started recovering the usual garbage until I checked out another spot that looks like there was once a rock wall. I recovered a large iron target that I think may be part of a bayonet. 1243 1244 ended up being a memorial penny. Recovered a junk metal pendant of some type with little fake diamonds in it, then another 1243 1244 signal, a little deeper than the memorial, which I thought was a wheat but there it was, some type of silver. I spit on it and dabbed it a little to see what I had, seated dime baby! Cleaned it up a little when I got home, looks like 1854. A thrilling find for me. It's been a long time since I found seated.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the photos and happy hunting.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475362669.012417.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475362714.607641.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475362770.819077.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475362804.052351.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475362823.341692.webp
 
Upvote 58
Sweet Seat.
It's been 2 year's since I got one of those.
You da man! Congratulations
 
Congrats on the very nice Seated!
 
Nice seated, Congrats.
 
Not sure what this ornate thing is ....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475368673.702007.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475368701.804726.webp
 
Great snag DD!! Seated with arrows - excellent bro!
 
Wow--such nice condition! Wish we could find one some day. Congrats! -Lisa & John
 
Man I still haven't gotten a friggen seated dime!!! Great score! Jealous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's a fine little nugget which would thrill any miner.
 
Always nice finding seated coinage. Nice going.
 
Its so nice to see those pop out of the ground. Glad you found one to keep you going:) I'm pretty sure the other thing is a type of suspended clip.
 
Its so nice to see those pop out of the ground. Glad you found one to keep you going:) I'm pretty sure the other thing is a type of suspended clip.

Ah.... a suspender clip, I can see that! Thank you very much for your reply.
 
Sweet find dude I have yet to find a seated I hunt the woods sometimes hours with nothing but ya never know Watch out for those arrows those hunters could be throwin a few back. I forgot about bow season thanks for the reminder Great coin keep it up Thanks for the cool post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I can't wait to start digging these out of the ground... My CTX should get here this week and I will be digging up some gems next week (wishful thinking) as long as I'm not digging up tons of nails anymore I will be happy
 
Sweet seated DD...

Thanks for reply, I remember last year just as I was going into the woods a bow hunter came out and told me (in a nice way) "I be careful if I were you.." I relied, "I forgot about bow season, thanks", I then left and went to a park. LOL
 
Last edited:
I can't wait to start digging these out of the ground... My CTX should get here this week and I will be digging up some gems next week (wishful thinking) as long as I'm not digging up tons of nails anymore I will be happy

Thanks for reply, I remember last year just as I was going into the woods a bow hunter came out and told me (in a nice way) "I be careful if I were you.." I relied, "I forgot about bow season, thanks", I then left and went to a park. LOL
 
Congrats on the seated! The suspender clip and square nails are great signs that you are on a good spot!
 
What a beauty you have there! Great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom