Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, posting my better finds from two hunts, My Friday after work hunt and Saturday I hunted with Don in Brewster at his favorite old park where I recovered a Seated 1875 S dime!

Friday I found a 1945 Mercury dime and Wheaties.

Saturday was a great day for me finding my second Seated dime 1875S,1944 Merc, a large St. Christopher medal, three Indian head pennies 1871, 1903, and I'm still not sure of the date on the cruddy one it's 18 something. I will continue working on their cleaning when I have more patience I'll let them soak longer in distilled water and Tooth-pick them.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the photos. Happy hunting.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433724241.733679.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433724263.188856.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433724303.942892.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433724322.919306.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433724348.427788.jpg

Upvote 20
Nice 2 hunts. Pulled some keepers, :occasion14: So you don't soak copper in EVO? :dontknow:

Nice 2 hunts. Pulled some keepers, :occasion14: So you don't soak copper in EVO? :dontknow:

I've used EVO, went to distilled water, petroleum jelly, and tooth picks, it takes time. Maybe I'll go back to EVO, dose it work well for you?

I've been soaking a milky green encrusted 1831 LC for over a month. Hoping and praying the crust gets loss enough to pick off.

Good looking digs, congrats on the seated!

Nice great finds! Congrats!

Very nice finds, love the seated, they are still on my list to find. I just toothpic the hell out of my Indians when I find them. For me, when I find those copper coins I figure I have whatever is left from the corrosion, Indians can take a wood toothpic. Sometimes I'll let them soak in oil to soften up the dirt to toothpic it off.
What is EVO?

Very nice finds, love the seated, they are still on my list to find. I just toothpic the hell out of my Indians when I find them. For me, when I find those copper coins I figure I have whatever is left from the corrosion, Indians can take a wood toothpic. Sometimes I'll let them soak in oil to soften up the dirt to toothpic it off.
What is EVO?

EVO or EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, don't you watch the cooking channel? LOL just kidding :laughing7:

Seated coins are always a great find, and surprise, after the usual barbers and Mercs. Congrats on a nice one

Wow! That is a great hunt. Love those seated dimes. One day *shakes fist*.

Congrats and happy hunting!

Congratulations on the nice lot of silver.

I TELL YOU ONE THING ST.CHRISTOPHER SURE GETS AROUND,AND TO MANY HE IS THE ONLY HOPE THEY FOUND.VANZUTPHEN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back