What's new

Second hunt of the year….

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,242
Reaction score
3,218
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Went out for a few minutes last week, but nothing to show for my efforts.

Had a few hours this afternoon. Wind was blowing 20+ and it snowed on me on and off for the 1.5 hrs I was out near Richmond. Found one 1880s IHP that had a previous date with a .22, and this. Va209as1. 15mm. Y.Smith&co NY. Made 1837-47. According to tice most of these buttons are heavily worn due to time of usage. This one is a bit different….id say 85-90% silver remains. Best condition and first plated (silver) CW button I’ve ever found.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4294.webp
    IMG_4294.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4295.webp
    IMG_4295.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
Upvote 17
Went out for a few minutes last week, but nothing to show for my efforts.

Had a few hours this afternoon. Wind was blowing 20+ and it snowed on me on and off for the 1.5 hrs I was out near Richmond. Found one 1880s IHP that had a previous date with a .22, and this. Va209as1. 15mm. Y.Smith&co NY. Made 1837-47. According to tice most of these buttons are heavily worn due to time of usage. This one is a bit different….id say 85-90% silver remains. Best condition and first plated (silver) CW button I’ve ever found.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Went out for a few minutes last week, but nothing to show for my efforts.

Had a few hours this afternoon. Wind was blowing 20+ and it snowed on me on and off for the 1.5 hrs I was out near Richmond. Found one 1880s IHP that had a previous date with a .22, and this. Va209as1. 15mm. Y.Smith&co NY. Made 1837-47. According to tice most of these buttons are heavily worn due to time of usage. This one is a bit different….id say 85-90% silver remains. Best condition and first plated (silver) CW button I’ve ever found.
That's a great looking button! Its a bonus when they have some of the original gilding left. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom