Seek and ye shall find...

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have been finding a number of older wheatbacks in the park lately and occassionally come across an Indian Head Penny. This weekend I started to think, there ought to be more Indian Heads:icon_scratch:. So I started watching for those deep mid-tones. And sure enough I pulled a few Indian Head Pennies out of the ground.:hello2:

090714IHPsF.jpg090714IHPsB.jpg
In addition to those...
090714MDF.jpg090714MDB.jpg
A nice Merc'.
090714Stirrup.jpg
A spur charm. Could not find a mark but pretty sure this is silver.
090714FB.jpg
A flat button. Backmark says "Orange Colour". So, of English origin, and likely much older than the park. So probably been re-used.
090714MedF.jpg090714MedB.jpg
A large medallion (see group picture for size reference). This gave one of those signals that we all love to hear but inevitably winds up being can slaw or a doorknob. My heart about stopped when this flipped out of the hole.
090714ParkFinds.jpg
All park finds together.
092714TearOutFinds.jpg
And a few finds from the tear-out.

Weekend Finds...

1942-D Mercury Dime
(5) Indian Head Pennies 187(8)?, 1895, 1898, 1907, 1907
(12) Wheatbacks 1909, 1917-D, 1920, 1920, 1920, 1920, 1926, 1929, 1941, 1942, 1944, 1944-D
Flat button w/Orange Colour backmark
UAW Allied Signal Medallion
Silver Spur Charm

PBS

Upvote 6
Good work!

very nice finds, looks like you will be digging up even more good stuff after this. the shallower stuff is of course easier to dig and find, the deeper finds are a bit more challenging for a lot of us and I am still learning this myself so in my own opinion, you did pretty darn good

Nice job PBS. Are you near the Sturgis area? I had/have some relatives that used to live just outside of town. I live in Kalamazoo but we have farms in Kalamazoo County and in St. Joseph County and in Branch County; kind of where they all meet.

Cool charm! Nice IH! An all around productive day.

Nice job PBS. Are you near the Sturgis area? I had/have some relatives that used to live just outside of town. I live in Kalamazoo but we have farms in Kalamazoo County and in St. Joseph County and in Branch County; kind of where they all meet.

I am in Kalamazoo County too.

PBS

Thats a pretty nice haul PBS! I especially like the medallion, thats gotta be pretty heart stopping coming outta the hole! You know, I found a similar button within the first block of the tear out, also orange. Ive been amazed at how many are coming out with shanks so well in tact! Anyway, nice finds and I'll see ya out there soon!

Very nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back