What's new

Seeking ID and age of artifact found near the home of a War of 1812 officer

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2017
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
3,897
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
All, I found this artifact near the former home of a War of 1812 officer. The narrow end has a bend (see 3rd pic for close-up). Any help w/ ID and/or age would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • B1.webp
    B1.webp
    126.9 KB · Views: 73
  • B2.webp
    B2.webp
    99.5 KB · Views: 67
  • B3.webp
    B3.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 59
Thanks vhs07, that was my initial thought also. Looked on-line at the pictures of those and wasn't convinced. That said, maybe I need to look at some more.
 
Upvote 0
After looking at more photos, the handles of most button hooks appear to get skinnier as you approach the hook. In this case the "handle" gets wider. So I'm not sure it could even function as a button hook. Any other guesses as to ID and/or age?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom