What's new

Seriously, Im not a hoarder.

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,200
Reaction score
15,862
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just can’t throw things out for tidiness’ sake. I found this chunk of license plate earlier this year. I have a few complete ones (various years) on the wall of my shed. I gave it a quick paint job, to stop the rust. It can go on the wall. That’s better than the landfill, etc IMO.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2155.webp
    IMG_2155.webp
    717.4 KB · Views: 101
I'm the same way, especially with keys. I put a handful of items in a bag and try selling them at garage sales as metal detecting relics. I'll price things at like 10 cents each just because I would like someone to find it interesting instead of it going to the trash pile. Plus, some items, like keys, are being used by crafts people for repurposed items. I'm sure we all saw those spoon rings before.
 
I'm the same way, especially with keys. I put a handful of items in a bag and try selling them at garage sales as metal detecting relics. I'll price things at like 10 cents each just because I would like someone to find it interesting instead of it going to the trash pile. Plus, some items, like keys, are being used by crafts people for repurposed items. I'm sure we all saw those spoon rings before.
Yes. I had an uncle who notoriously bought the $1 beer flats of junk tools at farm auctions. He saw a use for those items and hated to see them cast aside. He gave away A LOT of screwdrivers, hand files, etc. to visitors. He was an inspiration in many ways, to me. I guess I got it honestly. 👍🏼
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom