What's new

Settings on metal detector

sproatz

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
256
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a xp deus and a ctx 3030. What would be the best way of setting up my machines to find meteorites?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
You may have a better time in the General forum for settings however things to do are set up for all metal modes and look for targets in the iron range. Looking for meteorites is alot like looking for gold. Location and dig everything. Hopefully you've taken the time to read up on them as characteristics are the most identifying thing about them. Luck to ya.
 
I'm in research mode.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
DDancer gave you the best advice possible. All metal mode. Iron reject off. Understand the location. Dig everything. Understand the characteristics of meteorites.

I do not own any of the detectors you mention, but I did have a GPX 5000 until the stroke, and I did find a few things that were later identified as meteor wrongs. Hunting partner found a
few meteorites that weighed in at about 20 grams each.

Time for coffee.
 
All metal mode. They will most likely come in as iron, but could come in anywhere, so you have dig it all. You want the biggest coil possible. Neither of those detectors is good for serious meteorite hunting. You need a PI detector with a LARGE, like 6 foot across, coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom