jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so You think they can get $50 bucks a piece for them ?

This photo released by the police in Rotterdam, Netherlands, on Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012, shows the 1901 painting 'Charing Cross Bridge, London' by Claude Monet. Dutch police say seven paintings stolen from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam include one by Pablo Picasso, one by Henri Matisse, and two by Claude Monet. The heist, one of the largest in years in the Netherlands, occurred while the private Triton Foundation collection was being exhibited publicly as a group for the first time. (AP Photo/Police Rotterdam) 507e346271b0f.image.jpg

Personally I think this one looks like it was water painted in Kindergarten

Had to be an inside job though I wouldn't risk paying a buck a piece for them

Seven paintings worth millions stolen from Rotterdam museum - Thehour.com: Nation And World: picasso, monet, gauguin, matisse, kunsthal museum

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa ! My understanding there was no security guard.

they said they had a "State of the art Security System" :tongue3:
:laughing7:

She declined to reveal any details of how the thieves got in and out with the paintings, or how the museum is protected, other than describing its security as "state of the art" and "functional."

Willem van Hassel, the museum's chairman, said its security systems are automated, and do not use guards on site.

automatic phone call is made to the police station on the other end of town ? :dontknow:
after a quick :occasion14: the cops go look ?

ah wait... this is Netherlands, maybe the police station is at the Brownie Shop :headbang:

Last edited:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youve got it wrong. They meant that Holland was the "state of the art". I think that was the name of the exhibit! Now they will have clean white walls to exhibit, or get the local kindergarten to do some fast art work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread