Seventeen Degrees, Frozen Knees, Silver Neath the Coil, YES PLEASE!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seventeen Degrees, Frozen Knees, Silver 'Neath the Coil, YES PLEASE!

Multiple layers of clothing and a dogged determination helped me through the day at one of my favorite parks. As long as the Lesche tool could cut the sod, I could dig! Found a nice sterling ring by a volleyball court inscribed, "Love Life, Be Brave, and .925 LA" Also found a 1968 Canadian five cent piece that was in an old clad US penny spill. The Canadian coin came out of the ground as shiny as a baboon's hiney. Does it have any silver in it, as it hits a 75 VDI on my ATPro? Also found an interesting hat pin that is in a foreign language, maybe Cryllic, that reads, "KOHHbINCIIOPT," or thereabouts. Rounded the hunt off with a silver plated earring and over $2.00 in frozen clad. Thanks for looking, hang in there diggers, Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• Canada1.JPG
    Canada1.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Canada3.JPG
    Canada3.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Canada2.JPG
    Canada2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Canada4.JPG
    Canada4.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Canada5.JPG
    Canada5.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Upvote 13

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple layers of clothing and a dogged determination helped me through the day at one of my favorite parks. As long as the Lesche tool could cut the sod, I could dig! Found a nice sterling ring by a volleyball court inscribed, "Love Life, Be Brave, and .925 LA" Also found a 1968 Canadian five cent piece that was in an old clad US penny spill. The Canadian coin came out of the ground as shiny as a baboon's hiney. Does it have any silver in it, as it hits a 75 VDI on my ATPro? Also found an interesting hat pin that is in a foreign language, maybe Cryllic, that reads, "KOHHbINCIIOPT," or thereabouts. Rounded the hunt off with a silver plated earring and over $2.00 in frozen clad. Thanks for looking, hang in there diggers, Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Damn, hunting at 17 degrees....I was hunting at 54 degrees today down here Deep South Texas and was about to call it quits....Lol. Great finds!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A brave hunter you are! Nice silver finds congrats!

I guess 17 degrees beats climbing the walk...again.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds, glad you were able to get out and find anything at all, much less some silver

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are much braver than I. Hats off to you for the frozen hunt !!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt! Thank you for sharing.

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting badge. It says "Конный спорт"(Horse riding sport) and looks like Russian,Soviet era badge, but I couldn't find anything like that googling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread