Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a pleasant surprise on the way to the beach. A place I had detected back in the early 70's was getting replanted and they had just scalped all the grass off the median of this upscale shopping area. Got there at 4 am and worked until the construction workers started showing up. I told them that I would get out of their way but, they said not to worry, just go over to this other area. I spent 6 hours the first day and about 5 hours the next day. It's really great when you have lived in an area all your life and I ended up knowing several of the guys working there, so getting permission was no problem. I had to work fast as they were getting ready to pour the new sidewalks. I thought there would be more silver, but only ended up with 1 mercury dime, a lot of clad, several hotel keys, 6 wheats and a money clip with no money. You could see where there was something that had been soldered to the face of it. I looked all over for it but could not find it. Just brass - not silver. it's really great when they are tearing up sidewalks.

Jonnie

Attachments

• st.armends .jpg
    st.armends .jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 473
  • st armends finds.jpg
    st armends finds.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 539
  • st armends finds 2nd day.jpg
    st armends finds 2nd day.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 546
  • st armends keys.jpg
    st armends keys.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that one site nearly beats my total of old coins for the year!!! :o seriously, ive got one silver roosie and three wheats... :-\ In my opinion, that is one rockin site!!! :laughing7: great joband HH!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds and cool crowd letting u swing as they worked :thumbsup:

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice haul... It's always good to know people... It can lead to some great opportunities...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread