What's new

Shake what you mama gave you! Another colonial shoe buckle and sterling shaker

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize for the crappy title...Post-turkey day festivities has taken its toll on my mind. Anyway, I searched a 1772 house with little success, but here's my haul. My favorite is a sterling salt shaker which I don't think is old, but was fun to bend back into shape by torch. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673160.126648.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673171.044683.webp

After the torch and cleaning here it is. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673201.641472.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1448673217.398740.webp the colonial buckle tongue was a nice find too. No other colonial finds yet but the hunting is tough and I had only 1-1/2 hrs. Maybe next time.

Enjoy

Steve
 
Upvote 24
Well done again! You are all over the shoe buckles! Well played brother.
 
Well done again! You are all over the shoe buckles! Well played brother.

Thx Tom. Actually finding that last buckle piece reminded me on how lucky it is to find a whole one intact. I'll talk to you soon bud
 
Excellent torch work,
Congrats on some nice finds

Haha thanks, but if I ever find something actually valuable or rare it'll be promptly sent out to a professional! Lol
 
Not a bad hunt Steve, and nice job on reshaping that shaker.
 
Not a bad hunt Steve, and nice job on reshaping that shaker.

Thanks Bill. I told the property owner that if I could salvage the shaker he could have it, but warned him that odds weren't in its favor. I can't wait until I show him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom