019.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 361

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Bent Twig, some cute pics with the cat and the iguana. That is a very interesting display behind the cat.I would
like to see more of that if you're of a mind to.

Ray

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Hi Ray!!

The display you see is of African Tribal art. The entire room is dedicated to the art and the wife wants to expand it out to other rooms too. I stared out getting one piece by a partial trade at a gun show , and my wife just loved it. She is such a hard person to buy gifts for , so when she decided she liked this type of art I had a way of buying her unique gifts. I created a monster!! It is the most relaxing room in the house.

Twig.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 343
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 337
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 342
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 324
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 333

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow! Twig you have some fascinating items there and really unique. Looks like an excellent solution for what can
sometimes be a tough problem. And it gives you something to look for every time you're away. Can't beat that.
Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us.
Have a good day.
Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st love the cute couple sharing the warmth! :icon_sunny: And I too love that room you have some great looking things there!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute pets, 'Great Collection'. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cat and iguana nose to nose is great. I like the African tribal art. A lot of different cultures represented and it looks like museum quality art to me, but I ain't no expert. A lot of people that work for me are from west Africa, and whenever they go back there to visit their families they bring me something back. So I got a lot of clothes and some wood art from Africa. Due to restrictions on air travel and expense, they can't bring back big stuff, but even the small wood carvings are remarkable to me. They appear deceptively simple, but upon closer examination the attention to detail and the incorporation of the wood's natural grain into the design are amazing. (I almost didn't sound like the redneck I am there, didn't I?) Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a nice room to read National Geographic in. :read2:

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Wow,

Sorry folks !!

Had forgot about posting the pictures of the Africa room. Thanks for all the nice comments on the room. Did not realize there were responses to it.

Twig.

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Unicorn said:
Can I ask.....who cleans all those great artifacts... :icon_scratch:... ;D

Unfortunately I end up being the one to do all the dusting. And now that you mention it I notice how dusty they are! :'( Well now I have something to do tommorow! :tongue3: ;D Procrastination I believe is the word!! :read2:

Twig.

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
RGINN said:
The cat and iguana nose to nose is great. I like the African tribal art. A lot of different cultures represented and it looks like museum quality art to me, but I ain't no expert. A lot of people that work for me are from west Africa, and whenever they go back there to visit their families they bring me something back. So I got a lot of clothes and some wood art from Africa. Due to restrictions on air travel and expense, they can't bring back big stuff, but even the small wood carvings are remarkable to me. They appear deceptively simple, but upon closer examination the attention to detail and the incorporation of the wood's natural grain into the design are amazing. (I almost didn't sound like the redneck I am there, didn't I?) Great pics, thanks for sharing.

There really are quite a few different tribes represented here. I think I counted about 23 at one time. I did alot of reserch to make sure I was buying her the good stuff and not new trade items. I am sure many of these were made for trade , but there are quite a few that are tribal used. There has been a large market for these items since the 60's and it is getting harder to find good items at a good price anymore. I am fortunate to have a freind now that is well traveled and has a massive collection for me to pick through when I need a gift for the wife.

Twig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread