What's new

Sharpshooter metal

capt.ken m

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
525
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the boat ramp parking lot. Got in an hour before the rain started. The find of the day was the sharpshooter metal. Don't know anything about it. No markings on it . I think there is more stuff there to be found. Can't wait to get back. Thanks for looking. 20160713_185258.webp20160713_185132.webp
 
Upvote 14
Nice badge! It's U.S.M.C. I've never found one of those, got a few of the Army version, but never a Marine Corps.



EDIT, I believe that one is a WW2 or earlier version. What kind of pin is on the back?
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your finds- think about the brave soldier that wore the sharp shooter badge congrats to him also. I want to thank you for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Sweet find someone qualified sharpshooter cool find!!!!!!
 
USMC, believe this is WWI era, great find!
 
Agreed. USMC Sharpshooter badge. Circa WWI of a little earlier. Not going to search for date range this badge was used. You need to do some of the research.

Time for coffee.
 
Nice finds congrats on the sharp shooter badge
 
awesome find!! Congrats
 
WOW !! that's soo cool!! congrats and hH
 
Congratualtions on the historical personal item, that is a very nice sharpshooter metal.
 
That would make two medals from that area that's cool, I wonder if from same person?The Knights of Pythias now this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom