worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now,that's a right NICE piece ya got yourself there man!! How much looking did you do?

GOD Bless

Chris

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHat does it say in the center? Looks like OKE... on top and maybe SHERIFF on bottom?
looks like it to me,that is something else there.Looks like them badges I see in old westerns.neat piece!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, are you in or near Oklahoma? You may have an old badge from Okeene, Oklahoma. Circle star may have been a nickle or silver plate over a steel construction, lettering just stamped in and black ink put in the letters. What does the back of the badge look like, and what diameter is the badge? What a great find, congrats. The history of your farm house may give you clues as to who wore it. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, are you in or near Oklahoma? You may have an old badge from Okeene, Oklahoma. Circle star may have been a nickle or silver plate over a steel construction, lettering just stamped in and black ink put in the letters. What does the back of the badge look like, and what diameter is the badge? What a great find, congrats. The history of your farm house may give you clues as to who wore it. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)
AGAIN as I always say PLEASE POST WHERE YOU FOUND IT ! YOU CAN BE VAUGE but when your asking about something it REALLY helps for others to have a General Idea of where it was located ( ie SE Virginia ) On another thread we were able to track a CW piece from NY - Ohio. simply because the poster said it was found " near a certain town " and the piece was marked " in a certain town in Ohio " We figured out there was a stage stop for a line that ran from Ohio to the town in NY ------- Further work by members got the Regiment from the town and then the rusted Initials were linked to a person who served in that regiment ------------ another member searched the persons name and found he had moved from OH to NY and was a major business man in the town -------------------------- The history of the object and the ID can only be known when a general location is given. I could go on about a TX CW button and other objects found , as soon as the OP noted that he found them on the GA/AL border Research found that Terrys Rangers from TX had traveled that route on their march to TN --------------- Just add a location to your profile or post a general location in the post ----------- Sorry just drives me NUTS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions