shipwreck cape cod

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
thanks for the heads up...i wonder how many people are planning trips to detect around this area now.I know im not that far away and im not working till tuesday anyway.....lets hit it!?????

OP
OP
capt. sparrow

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
North Shore Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
I wish I could hit it. I live north of boston so the cape is a haul especially with kids. I am taking a day trip to Nantucket next week (if the wife lets me) to detect some beaches down there.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
capt. sparrow said:
I wish I could hit it. I live north of boston so the cape is a haul especially with kids. I am taking a day trip to Nantucket next week (if the wife lets me) to detect some beaches down there.
good luck with your hunt im sitting home all week while wifey va-ca's in Fla.She didnt even want to bring the BH with her....woman!.She's coming home monday so ill be back to work but if your interested in helping a novice i certainly wouldnt mind a group hunt.I recently bought the Ace 250 and yet been able to use it for anything longer then 30-40 minutes in icey snow conditions.I watched a ton of usefull videos on how to pinpoint and use it correctly but....working with someone a lil more experienced would help alot.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Capt.,

I'd be careful. I saw the article on channel 7 news the day it was discovered. At the end of the story they mentioned that the "park rangers" said it was OK to go out and look and touch but do not take anything with you.

Detecting is definitely off limits since this is on the National Sea Shore side of the cape. I wouldn't want to take the chance of loosing my detector in the event I may find something. I'll stick to detecting the bay side or from Bourne to Chatham keeping away from the upper cape.

I'd like to get out there myself, but I'm in central Mass and it's too long a haul, especially this time of the year.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Mat in MA said:
Hi Capt.,

I'd be careful. I saw the article on channel 7 news the day it was discovered. At the end of the story they mentioned that the "park rangers" said it was OK to go out and look and touch but do not take anything with you.

Detecting is definitely off limits since this is on the National Sea Shore side of the cape. I wouldn't want to take the chance of loosing my detector in the event I may find something. I'll stick to detecting the bay side or from Bourne to Chatham keeping away from the upper cape.

I'd like to get out there myself, but I'm in central Mass and it's too long a haul, especially this time of the year.

spring is coming!!! maybe we can find some sites near you.im always game for anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread