Shoe Buckle, Button, Coins, Relics, And an Old Beautifully Detailed Mystery

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and dug a ton of signals. Lots of good ones as well. Started at a 1650s site and found one coin and what I thought was a piece of junk. The coin I can't make out bunch but what looks like a small head with a very pointy nose and a few spikes of hair. Wish it was in better shape cause it could be old coming from this site. image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
The mystery item I put in my keeper case but wasn't sure why as it looked like a random round piece of junk. I got it home and gave it a rinse before I trashed it and couldn't believe that there was such a beautiful intricate design hiding underneath. The pics do not do it justice at all. The indented outlines all have tiny little ridges in them. There are tiny little fleur de lis between the bigger designs. Think it's just a fancy rosette but it has an almost medieval look to it which is neat. image.jpg
The next couple finds were a couple of old coppers. One a 1797 large cent and the other an 1802 large cent. Not completely cleaned up but here they are. The flat button is domed and big. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My favorite find of the day was the shoe buckle. Found one last year but this one is much nicer. Love it image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's a group pic of some of the other relics. Round balls will be sent to AQUA :-)
image.jpg

Upvote 7

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Stuff .
No Coppers or Shoe Buckles For Me ....YET, Hmmm , I Hope.
Davers

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Stuff . No Coppers or Shoe Buckles For Me ....YET, Hmmm , I Hope. Davers
Davers you will find something great soon my friend. Anybody with a profile pic as cool as yours is destined for something great :-)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buckle.....looks to be in great shape !!! Good job on the coppers !!

Got a question for ya....

Did they use silvers down threw the states where you live ?:laughing7:

PS..I,ve heard that dowsing works for finding silver...might be worth a try...use 2 of the T2 detectors as the rods.....1 definitely doesn,t work.!!!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buckle.....looks to be in great shape !!! Good job on the coppers !! Got a question for ya.... Did they use silvers down threw the states where you live ?:laughing7: PS..I,ve heard that dowsing works for finding silver...might be worth a try...use 2 of the T2 detectors as the rods.....1 definitely doesn,t work.!!!
Silver apparently was illegal in the state of Maine:-) Apparently nobody dropped it and when they did the seem to have picked it all up. Silver is over rated anyway bro. Who the hell needs it when you can pull all of this copper. Copper loves old Abe

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so want a complete buckle. Nice find.
It must take some miracle to keep the thin hinge pin from rotting away.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so want a complete buckle. Nice find. It must take some miracle to keep the thin hinge pin from rotting away.
Crazy part is that it was about 8 feet from a river that floods all the time. I have no idea how they survive but it's my 2nd complete. This one is way nicer. I just love the shape of these old shoe buckles. You will find one bud. Crazy thing is I never even found the actual site I was looking for after walking about 4 miles through the thickest mess you could imagine. Had to be close as a giant flat button and an old copper were close to that buckle. I will try again some day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread