What's new

Shoreline find

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all I hope your getting the last swings in before a long winter sets in hh gl.
Today I took my machine for a walk on the beach. Or shoreline trashy
Nasty place this was but it has history close by so I figured what the heck. Not one clear tone
Full of debris. But I eyeballed this statue ? Looks African or tribal of some kind it's hardwood dark grey looking wood no signature or marks just a cool piece , thought I'd share
If anyone has any ideas of what it is let me know. Thanks eastcoast
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 160
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    161.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    155.6 KB · Views: 160
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    196.7 KB · Views: 151
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 8
Awesome find, you wonder if it floated over from the African continent.
 
What in the world Charlie?! Lol. I assume you went near where you mentioned today?

Post in What's it forum...it may be a $1000000 statue.

Steve
 
What in the world Charlie?! Lol. I assume you went near where you mentioned today?

Post in What's it forum...it may be a $1000000 statue.

Steve

Yea right prob no cash value but I like it. Already has a spot
My wife loves it. I'm gonna put it on my mantel. She loves all my finds. !! Lol
 
Yea right prob no cash value but I like it. Already has a spot
My wife loves it. I'm gonna put it on my mantel. She loves all my finds. !! Lol

You're blessed to have an old lady that likes all of your finds.
 
Cool find, and most hear the lovely words of praise "That's nice" as they look briefly down at the treasure in our hands.
 
Looks like a painted fish club. They're used to whack fish over the head after you catch them, so they stop flopping. It's the 10-12" that gives it away. You don't want one bigger, usually, because their cumbersome, and the longer ones get more swing in, and cause the head to splat. Which... Is... MESSY.

Billy club. Fish Club. Fish billy club. They're called a lot of things. To see examples, image search "wooden fish billy club"

Of course, you should also know I'm completely pulling your chain. I think that's actually a statue. *laughs*

Seriously.. A statue. :)

Skippy

That was good. You had me till the end lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom