What's new

Short 20 minute hunt yields 2nd silver goal of the year!

Ray in CA

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
983
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I was asked by my mother who lives with me to go the store today, which happens to be a couple miles away from the old boy scout lodge that I've detected a few times with no success in finding any silver. But today was different. Pulled out the Safari and noticed that the summer heat had dried up some ivy about a foot in along the edge of the grassy area, and so I decided to give it a pass. Got a clad penny, and then a nice silver signal. Six inches down and out came a 1905 Canadian dime! Whoo hoo!! :headbang:

Now all I need is a seated coin and I will have met all three of my detecting goals for the year.

HH,

Ray
 

Attachments

  • can1.webp
    can1.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 792
  • can2.webp
    can2.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 786
  • can3.webp
    can3.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 779
Upvote 0
that is one sharp looking dime!
 
Nice. That is one good looking dime :hello2:
 
That is a nice looking dime.....Matt
 
Congrats on the nice looking oldie ! I like finding older Canadian coins (when I can) :icon_thumleft: .

TommNJ
 
Thanks folks! I've been wanting to find one of these since moving to the state.

However, I think my next silver goal is going to be a bit more difficult! I may have to take a little trip to east Washington for that one.

Ray
 
dont go to tri cities, unless you can get in to pasco without gettn capped
 
Awesome silver Canadian coin there Ray...Keep up the great hunting.
 

Attachments

  • tn_27_jpg.webp
    tn_27_jpg.webp
    520 bytes · Views: 259
  • tn_27_jpg.webp
    tn_27_jpg.webp
    520 bytes · Views: 256

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom