What's new

Short day

omegared31

Full Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
166
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Location
Temperance, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only could spare about 45 minutes today but I glad I did. Dig up this 1881 IHP and a 1942 Wheatie. This is my first 1800s coin. Still waiting on that first silver.
 

Attachments

  • 1444842606149.webp
    1444842606149.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 1444842615784.webp
    1444842615784.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 14
Another question should I leave the green patina on it or what's the best way to clean it?
 
All cleaned up
 

Attachments

  • 1444846834530.webp
    1444846834530.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 85
Came out great!
 
Just used baking soda and water.
 
Wasn't sure and still not sure what's the right way to clean them.
 
Congrats on that IHP. I normally soak mine in warm soapy water and use a soft toothbrush and toothpick to remove the dirt. I try to leave the green patina.
 
Good to know. Thanks.
 
sometimes the short days are the best days!
 
That IHP came out really nice.
 
FINE LOOKING INJUN .....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom