What's new

Short GMR Walk- Mako Tooth

FriscoT06

Hero Member
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
602
Reaction score
655
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
After going for a run, I decided to ruin my tennis shoes by taking a 20min walk in the creek to look for fossils. I found a few broken teeth and then came across this nice mako tooth. It's 1 15/16" in length along it's longest slant. It's wet in the pic- I took it out of its overnight soak to snap some pics. Now to wash my shoes! :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • tnetfront (640x573).webp
    tnetfront (640x573).webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 223
  • tnetback (640x607).webp
    tnetback (640x607).webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 275
Awesome!!! I've found a couple of those at Calvert Cliffs MD. Made one into a necklace.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom