What's new

Short hunt and got a new account at a bank thats open 7 days a week.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I can CRH 7 days a week if I want. ;D They have a lot of branches around where I live too. :thumbsup: Also the one that I went to has a customer operated coin machine, so now I can check the reject tray for goodies. :icon_pirat:

Well here is what I found today:
$150 in half's (Brinks rolls) = skunk
2 dime boxes = 2 Rosie's both were 1964d
4 penny boxes = 36 Wheaties, the oldest is a 1927
 
Upvote 0
your new bank wouldn't happen to be TD Bank would it?.....if so i (and others) use it for a dump bank. but the reject slot there is the best ;D
WTG on the dimes and wheats
 
No, its TCF Bank. :tongue3:
 
Nice finds! A 7 day bank! thats awesome i wish i had an option like that around here, i didn't stock up today so im out of luck for tomorrow :( lol HH
 
My first Sunday pickup:
$350 halfs (Brinks rolls) = 1 - 1968d

I also got 3 boxes of pennies for later on tonight.
 
TreasureFiend said:
No, its TCF Bank. :tongue3:

I use a TCF here in Mi. but you might not be able to buy a whole lot of coin from them especially if you plan on filling the coin counter with your dumps.

They might frown on you buying and than filling up their machine every week.

This may cause them to start charging you fee's for coin. So use them for dumping but still ask for loose halfs or big dollars.

Just a thought.

Mojo
 
Wow that pretty nice, but when are you going to have time to metal detect then?
 
coinmojo said:
TreasureFiend said:
No, its TCF Bank. :tongue3:

I use a TCF here in Mi. but you might not be able to buy a whole lot of coin from them especially if you plan on filling the coin counter with your dumps.

They might frown on you buying and than filling up their machine every week.

This may cause them to start charging you fee's for coin. So use them for dumping but still ask for loose halfs or big dollars.

Just a thought.

Mojo

Yea, I have 3 within 3 miles of my house. I'm just gonna dump at 1 of them on Sundays. I will use my normal dumb banks during the week. At the other 2 banks I have already put in an order for $2,000 in halfs at each. They both said I can order as much as I want but they said it will take 2 weeks to get them in... :icon_pirat:
 
1/11/09

1st penny box:
1925
1938
1940
1944d
1946d
1950 x 2
1955d
1957
1957d x 2
1958

Dime:
1995

Oldest Canadian penny:
1945
 
2nd penny box:
1947d
1949d
1950d
1951d
1953d
1957
 
TreasureFiend said:
Yea, I have 3 within 3 miles of my house. I'm just gonna dump at 1 of them on Sundays. I will use my normal dumb banks during the week. At the other 2 banks I have already put in an order for $2,000 in halfs at each. They both said I can order as much as I want but they said it will take 2 weeks to get them in... :icon_pirat:

That's odd. I started up an account with TCF and they told me they don't order halves..... Sounds like someone is getting a little lazy. Looks like I will have to go in and attempt to set the record straight tomorrow. Maybe they do it differently up in your area.

-Codes
 
They definitely DO order them. :thumbsup:
 
I find TCF around here to be the most anti-CRH bank there is (other than for dumping if you have an account there). I used to bank with them years ago (before I was an very active CRHer) and 80% of the time they would try to charge me a fee to buy a single roll of coins....not a box...1 roll. I couldn't believe it...since they were my bank that pretty much prevented me from CRHing for about 5-7 years as it just wasn't worth the fees and when I did manage to find one that would sell me a roll or two without a fee... I would get some conis, but again that seemed the exception and not the rule.

They are convenient for some things, but they are/were a pain in the a** to deal with for getting coins, so I usually don't bother with them. And most of the branches near me won't deal in halves, so I usually just skip them all together.

Again maybe this has changed recently, but on the rare occasions that I do wander into one.... I have always had little or no luck there..so I always end up feeling like I wasted my time...again... :P
 
I went in today to a few just to scope them out. I got the usual 10 rolls of each denomination to find out what service they use (Brinks or others) and to see if I would get brand new rolls of coins. (Nothing pi$^&s me off more then when I get a brand new box of those worthless nickels.) No one mentioned the F-word today. Hopefully that will be the trend and everything will be A-OK! My favorite part of TCF is they are open 7 days a week! I can't begin to explain how many Sundays I would be watching football and have the urge to CRH while watching the game. :tard:

-Codes
 
Penny box #3

1920
1937
1941
1942
1942d
1944
1945
1948s
1951d
1953s
1955d x 2
1956d
1957d

Oldest Canadian
1950
 
Yeah I need to start hitting up the banks that are open on Sundays as well. What I need to do is get an account with them and then order boxes of halves from them. That way I can search wed, thurs, fri, sat and sun. I can't get boxes on Mon, or Tues because my banks order on those days. Any advice for getting boxes on these days???? Thanks

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom