What's new

Short morning farm field hunt again

2moshers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
596
Reaction score
2,954
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the same farm field again this morning to find along with the usual old iron scraps and nails, a Scovills Treble Gilt flat button (circa early 1800s) in pretty good shape, a small musket ball, some 20th century rifle and shotgun shells, and a threaded piece that I could use some help identifying. 1204151005-00.webp014.webp011.webp009.webp012.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 12
Threaded piece maybe a cap for valve stem?
 
Depending on size, your threaded piece could be the bottom half of a lipstick tube. I cant tell what type of metal its made of.
 
Thanks Trezurehunter but definitely not a lipstick tube (have found several before) and probably is a valve stem cover as stated by Crappies-n-Coins for a tractor or other farm machinery given the area where it was found.
 
Last edited:
Hit a vacant lot just before dark to find 4 clad quarters (earliest 1965), 4 dimes, and 7 pennies (1 1951 wheat).1204151006.webp
 
Anytime I start on a really big field like that, I think I need a much bigger coil! LOL

Good job!
 
Nice job, Old buttons are cool
 
NEEEET FINDS MOSHERS ......
 
Nice field hunt 2M, It sure is a different kind of hunting. Many coil swings with few targets. Have you hit the field closer to the home site? We are so much alike. After I spend a few hours in the field and dig little, I have to go find a normal site and dig some targets, it's like I just need to dig a certain amount of targets to feed the dragon before I put the detector down for the day.
 
Nice assortment of finds.
Yep, looks like a valve stem cover.
Congrats on a nice hunt
 
That is a valve stem cover for sure, and also a nice (my name sake) button. I do my fields like mowing the lawn. I break it up in smaller sections, takes forever (feels like) might hit one today?
 
Very pretty property. I like the finds- anybody can find clad...
 
Needed another clad fix this morning Loco002.webp. Some sidewalk finds include 7 pennies, 4 dimes (earliest 1966), 1 nickel, an old button, a live 22 shell, and a silver bullet-Federal Smith and Wesson 40 caliber (have not seen a werewolf around lately) lol. And Hi Yo Silver!thL702HFTS.webpthNP2KNPDH.webp
 
Last edited:
Needed another clad fix this morning LocoView attachment 1243178. Some sidewalk finds include 7 pennies, 4 dimes (earliest 1966), 1 nickel, an old button, a live 22 shell, and a silver bullet-Federal Smith and Wesson 40 caliber (have not seen a werewolf around lately) lol.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. That ought to hold you until tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom