Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out towards Cape Cod for a few hunts - hooked up for a bit with 1KBlueTuber on sunday at
an old spot we both knew about - we weren't getting much I had a sil.wash. and not much else. Then he said
he got a caked Barber half in spot he was in - said it looked like some sand had moved in a small area
- I was out deeper than him and then I got a walking lib. half. Not far away I got an old divng watch then another walker.
I ended up getting an old oar lock out at my limits and as I headed in got a merc. He got a few more coins including a sil.wash. and a buffalo
I hit a small spot before sun set and got a bunch of thin coins - clads that been shifting on the bottom for yrs - you could almost shave
with them - got some fishing tackle and a tiny sil.band but nothing special. Could not decide on where to go on Mon. morn am low. Should I go for old
stuff - go for new stuff or both. I decided to go to a beach that a few years ago hit at sunrise and got a platinum ring, 3 golds and some silver
one morning. I have gotten some silver coins and crusted silver jewelry before here but I would be mainly searching for fresh drops. Got in
early and had whole place to myself - water was like glass and viz was pretty good. Started to hunt the shallows first and hope to pick up
some freshly dropped items - place was clean from ankles to waist all I found was can tops and bottoms some sperm count threw back.
Not all of them are pictured - - my GF threw some away I had in back of her vehicle
Theres a guy out there that digs them up from down deep and then throws them back over his shoulder - confronted him years ago
and he said "they don't fit in my pouch" - so when ever I come across them on top - I know place has been hit by him recently.
So the tide was a Negative and I went way out and that is where large percentage of the sinkers and lures I found came from. I would
rather dig them than trash - they do have some value. I probably found a minimum of $20 worth of tackle. Well I picked the
wrong spot - had I known the tide and water conditions were going to be that good - I had other spots I should have gone for the
oldies instead. I figured that I could go to one of them for the PM low - Not! - conditions turned to crap
Went to a tiny beach on Mon. pM - water was rough - visability low and winds were high
first signal was a fresh drop silver ring and I thought "Oh yea!...this could be good" - Not
hunted all over after that target with nothing to show but a few crusted zincs others probably discrim. - place was cleaned out by locals.
Went to a spot on Tues. am tide that I have gotten finds from the 1700s on up. I got in and hit in the shallows and was getting nothing.
Headed out with the tide and still not much to show. Then I went way out - it was foggy and at times I lost sight of the land and
did not know if I was heading in or farther out. I ended up out over 150+ yrds from shore - in the past I have found silver coins
and old gold out there - other hunters wont go out that far usually. I ended up hitting an old pewter coat button. Not to far I
got another. Not to far away I got a musket ball - then another. Then got a small bronze square boat nail. I got a few older thin coins
but nothing else to write home about. Pics are combined from all spots

Upvote 23
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bent up copper colored sunglasses were on top in same area as can tops - I got a blast in waist deep water - looked down and just reached down and grabbed them
damage looks like they were hit by a scoop - ahole threw them back too

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow nice hunts with some great finds. Congrats:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you were busy digging. Very rewarding hunt. Lots of nice saves. Congrats

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery on the beach front! Some Silver is always good! Keep her clean!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had to work for those finds! :icon_thumright: Maybe you need to give that guy a nice big pouch as a present! :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I assume spoons are the bait of choice. That's A nice day for sure.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had to work for those finds! :icon_thumright: Maybe you need to give that guy a nice big pouch as a present! :laughing7:
Ran into the guy maybe 10 yrs ago - I confronted him and he gave that excuse - "they are too big for my pouch"
I said "if youre gonna keep digging them..then why not get a bigger one?"
He pretty much said "why should I?" - I did offer to buy him a bigger pouch - he just put his head phones on and walked away
He don't care - he also plows thru the kids and pretty much thinks everyone should get out of his way - if we
lose the right to hunt these beaches - will be because of guy like him

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran into the guy maybe 10 yrs ago - I confronted him and he gave that excuse - "they are too big for my pouch"
I said "if youre gonna keep digging them..then why not get a bigger one?"
He pretty much said "why should I?" - I did offer to buy him a bigger pouch - he just put his head phones on and walked away
He don't care - he also plows thru the kids and pretty much thinks everyone should get out of his way - if we
lose the right to hunt these beaches - will be because of guy like him

We have a guy like that too. Give us all a black eye. Digs holes everywhere, leaves them open, and throws the trash back on the beach. The only thing that keeps a smile on my face, is that I've found some nice stuff going over the same area, and the fact that he's digging the same trash over and over.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an amazing haul, that’s an awesome day

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds Casper- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread