jlbass

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2015
West TN/North MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a relative newbie in the detecting world I had an awesome case of beginners luck last weekend. I dug a US belt buckle that is in pretty decent shape. My question is, what is the best way to display the buckle and keep it from getting damaged at the same time? I've looked at display cases at places such as hobby lobby but they don't seem that substantial. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some of mine. I like these cases because it's easy to remove them once in a while and inspect thear condition. Plus I like to fondle them!!!! Lol. Congrats on a great find uploadfromtaptalk1450820124988.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450820325832.jpg

HH, Relic Nut

After being in the ground for a hundred and fifty years, shifted by roots ,ground in against rock and sand, pressed into the ground like in a vacuum tube....now they are like little children sitting on a soft pillow bed while looking out the window of their new safe and loving home....I think the kids will be all right.

Can the glass not scratch the stuff up?
I haven't had any problems. I use shadow boxes and put 2" densified polyester foam in them. It holds the relics in place with minimum pressure. But that's just me.

HH, Relic Nut

As a relative newbie in the detecting world I had an awesome case of beginners luck last weekend. I dug a US belt buckle that is in pretty decent shape. My question is, what is the best way to display the buckle and keep it from getting damaged at the same time? I've looked at display cases at places such as hobby lobby but they don't seem that substantial. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guy.... Great start to MD'ing. I live (I believe) not to far from you. Centerville TN. I've built many frames and shadow boxes for various items. Maybe someday I can help ya if your not to far away and we'll build something together if you got the time....

Attachments

• S6300518.JPG
    S6300518.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 63
  • S6300472.JPG
    S6300472.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 59
  • S6301098.JPG
    S6301098.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to t-net jlbass. We would love to see your buckle. How about a picture? That's a great way to start. I also found my US buckle my first year. Congrats, you are hooked now Bud![emoji109]

HH, Relic Nut

Here is a small relic display case. I hang this on my wall in my little man cave. ITs has 1 of each different type of bullet and button I have found at a specific site. And some other odds and ends I found there also. I got the display case at the Hobby Lobby. It has a latch on the side so I can open it up when i need to. Sorry about the glare. It is covered in glass and I could get away from it.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back