What's new

Shreveport parks

loneTXhuntet

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2014
Messages
66
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any laws or rules concerning these parks for detecting?
 
I hunt the Shreveport area parks all the time and I have never gotten in trouble over it...
 
I hunt the Shreveport area parks all the time and I have never gotten in trouble over it...

ahhh, so you use the "actual reality" rule in answering the question , eh ? That is: if anyone and everyone can detect w/o issue, and no one's ever heard so much as "boo" before, then .... logically, it must be ok, right ?

In the same way that if you came upon a pond in the park, and saw multiple folks with radio controlled toy boats, you wouldn't wonder "gee is this legal?" That wouldn't even cross your mind.

This "reality test" is the best answer for the question IMHO. As opposed to taking the "pressing question" to desk-bound pencil pushers. Who ...in turn pass it up the chain of command. Lo & behold, someone says it "might harm the earthworms" and tells you "no".
 
ahhh, so you use the "actual reality" rule in answering the question , eh ? That is: if anyone and everyone can detect w/o issue, and no one's ever heard so much as "boo" before, then .... logically, it must be ok, right ?

In the same way that if you came upon a pond in the park, and saw multiple folks with radio controlled toy boats, you wouldn't wonder "gee is this legal?" That wouldn't even cross your mind.

This "reality test" is the best answer for the question IMHO. As opposed to taking the "pressing question" to desk-bound pencil pushers. Who ...in turn pass it up the chain of command. Lo & behold, someone says it "might harm the earthworms" and tells you "no".

Well actually I have read through the ordinances / laws governing the parks around here and there is not one mention of detecting....so for now until told otherwise I will explore the parks in the Shreveport area
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom