Sidewalk tearout hunt and a hunt at an 1820's home

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was two hunts. First was at my brothers home, found a Crotal bell in pieces, a horse reins guide, and a melted blob of silver. Must have been a quarter by the size of it. The second hunt was at a sidewalk tearout and replacement. I was able to hunt it before they formed and poured the new concrete. Found a 1946 silver dime, 1878 Indian head penny that I should have done before and after cleaning pictures. It was a green blob before cleaning. I used a toothpick to begin with and finished it up with Andres Pencils. If you are careful, they do a really nice job. IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0007.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0002.JPGIMG_0015.JPG 10 Wheat pennies from 1913 to 1954, and an old medicine bottle from the late 1800's, I'm guessing, marked DR S Pitcher's Castoria. It has a chip on the bottom from the machine they were using to tear up the concrete.

Upvote 21
Very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Terrific finds and you did a fantastic job cleaning them! Congratulations and well done!

Nice, that 1878 Indian is not an easy one to find. :icon_thumleft:

Nice IHC and other finds. The pencils really do work well, good job.

Very nice bottles and assorted digs.Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Awesome assortment of finds there! I've always wondered about the pencils and how they work. Might have to order a set and give them a go. Congrats on a fine hunt!

Nice stuff. I'm always looking for the sidewalk projects, our town doesn't seem to get to them very often...

Great hunt, I’ve been working on a sidewalk tear out also. Once in a while you find something nice, but it sure takes time! Those pencils seems to work good! I like the silver blob!

Awesome assortment of finds there! I've always wondered about the pencils and how they work. Might have to order a set and give them a go. Congrats on a fine hunt!

I was surprised how well the pencils work. You just need to take your time when cleaning with them and know when to stop.

Nice stuff. I'm always looking for the sidewalk projects, our town doesn't seem to get to them very often...

This sidewalk replacement was a neighbor 2 doors down from me. It can be a challenge with the uneven dirt and rocks, but I hit it one time and then after they moved some dirt hit it the second time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back