sidewinder sluice box

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes!..........Sharon and I made that video to help folks understand the natural way solids lay down in the center of a liquid vortex.
Depending on the particle size and specific gravity, the heaviest material, (such as Gold), will be in the bottom, center of the vortex, when stratification takes place by liquid force.
We did this to help show the basic difference of our sluice box activity compared to horizontal eddy's behind conventional sluice box riffles.

Take Care
ED

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an excellent demonstration. I've pointed some people to it along with the 2 bucket method.

I'm used to the ones showing stratification of loam/clay/sand for determining soil types.

I did that with my soil, 99.999999% clay.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice group of vids, have not ran by those on YouTube yet.

As for people being a little negative about the sidewinder, everyone tends to resist change in some way, some more than others.
Once someone gets ahold of this and puts something like a Keene A52 behind it and takes a video of it and panning out the results, I think the lack of gold in the Keene will speak loudly for this type of sluice.

I put a Keene A52 behind my bazooka and didnt find anything left over, after I got my GoldBug Pro I detected the pile of material that my Bazooka left behind and didnt find anything left over either.

Simply put, there are tons of great sluice box's out there and adding another to that list is a good thing for all of us. :)

:icon_thumleft:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eric,
Do you know how long Bazooka Gold Company was around with the finished products they have now? Years. I personally considered buying one for about 2 or 3 years before I bought one. They wern't even seriously mentioned on Tnet until this year. The reason is this; I'm not going to spend money on a usless hunk of you-know-what that collects dust in my garage. I get to buy one piece of prospecting equipment every year(or whenever I can convince my wife to let me), so I'm going to make sure what I spend my money on works. You said that you know for a fact that the BGT was catching all the gold, so why fool with anything else? I'll tell you what though, if gold is down the full length of the Sidewinder, it's losing gold. I don't doubt that it catches gold, but what percentage? They have'nt addressed either of these issues.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Next logical step is to place a proven sluice behind the sidewinder. :)

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric,
Do you know how long Bazooka Gold Company was around with the finished products they have now? Years. I personally considered buying one for about 2 or 3 years before I bought one. They wern't even seriously mentioned on Tnet until this year. The reason is this; I'm not going to spend money on a usless hunk of you-know-what that collects dust in my garage. I get to buy one piece of prospecting equipment every year(or whenever I can convince my wife to let me), so I'm going to make sure what I spend my money on works. You said that you know for a fact that the BGT was catching all the gold, so why fool with anything else? I'll tell you what though, if gold is down the full length of the Sidewinder, it's losing gold. I don't doubt that it catches gold, but what percentage? They have'nt addressed either of these issues.

Hello Nuggetshooter
Not sure where you have been getting all of your information?
Actually, We have been addressing all of the issues relative to sluicing!....We have performed every type of testing possible: Side by side operation with equal amounts of feed - The Sidewinder captures over 3 times the amount of micron Gold in the period of time............Know amounts of pre-measured micron gold has been placed into the sidewinder at various water velocities, and the recovery is over 80% regardless of slope or angle...........The Sidewinder must contain at least 8 times the amount of black sands as the comparable length sluice before Gold loss becomes evident in a tail testing sluice.
That demonstrates a massive capacity of secured values. (Try to capture gold in any straight sluice when the black sands excede 2" depth along the sides!).
Please note: We have been thoroughly testing our products for over 2 years now!......We have been prospecting for over 30 years!.............We know quite well: What works,...and What Really Works!
We have said this many times: You should always go with whatever makes you happy!....If you are satisfied with a little, then that is what you will always have!
Take Care
Ed & Sharon Sidewinder Sluice LLC Golden Colorado

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!..........Sharon and I made that video to help folks understand the natural way solids lay down in the center of a liquid vortex.
Depending on the particle size and specific gravity, the heaviest material, (such as Gold), will be in the bottom, center of the vortex, when stratification takes place by liquid force.
We did this to help show the basic difference of our sluice box activity compared to horizontal eddy's behind conventional sluice box riffles.

Take Care
ED

I made the two bucket method video and always wondered why you didn't make something in a tank with a vortex.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ed,
I'm just reading what your saying, and not saying.

Hello Nuggetshooter
Not sure where you have been getting all of your information?
Actually, We have been addressing all of the issues relative to sluicing!....We have performed every type of testing possible: Side by side operation with equal amounts of feed - The Sidewinder captures over 3 times the amount of micron Gold in the period of time............Know amounts of pre-measured micron gold has been placed into the sidewinder at various water velocities, and the recovery is over 80% regardless of slope or angle...........The Sidewinder must contain at least 8 times the amount of black sands as the comparable length sluice before Gold loss becomes evident in a tail testing sluice.
That demonstrates a massive capacity of secured values. (Try to capture gold in any straight sluice when the black sands excede 2" depth along the sides!).
Please note: We have been thoroughly testing our products for over 2 years now!......We have been prospecting for over 30 years!.............We know quite well: What works,...and What Really Works!
We have said this many times: You should always go with whatever makes you happy!....If you are satisfied with a little, then that is what you will always have!
Take Care
Ed & Sharon Sidewinder Sluice LLC Golden Colorado

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the two bucket method video and always wondered why you didn't make something in a tank with a vortex.

:hello:
Hello Nickmarch
We have seen your video a long time back, and we think it is great!....We have actually sent many folks to your video to show the simplified concept within a bucket.
The main reason we have not built any deep, cylindrical, units, is because it has already been done and marketed by the Aussies: The Gold Rocket, and of course, there have been much larger units used in commercial operations: Centrifuges.
We have chosen an open design that allows visual participation, and allows materials to be removed periodically during operation, without disturbing the on-going sluice activity.
Please watch some of our videos showing material extraction and inspection during operation:
Sidewinder Sluice (R)
Take Care

Ed & Sharon:thumbsup:

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made one with a 60 gallon cone bottom tank that works great! There is a valve at the bottom that I leave slightly open. The heavies drip out constantly.

I just picked up a tank I had made. It doesn't use a vortex. Its a V shaped fluid bed. I'll take some pics & post after tonights gold shows.

Your sluice will surely work well. Getting people to try it may not be easy. Their loss!

Personally I wouldn't want to make & sell any of my stuff. Too time consuming! I also doubt that many would buy or even make the stuff I make/use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread