Silver and Gold Pendant

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
I finally got out for my first hunt of the year and found this pendant. On the back side it's, marked .925 AND 18K. There's also a makers mark which I haven't been able to find anywhere on the internet. On the side with the turquoise stone there are two knobs which are gold in color, so I'll assume those are the parts that are 18K but being so small are not worth more than a few cents. This item may well have been made by the Navajo people in the Southwest. If anyone can tell me what the hallmark is, or any other info about this piece, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Upvote 27
OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Manufacturers like this crack me up....
with the / how the 18k mark is HUGE and the 925 mark is small.... when the primary metal is 925 with a dash of 18k.
A marketing ploy to make buyers think it's worth a lot. Silver jewelry is priced many times melt to begin with but by putting a microscopic amount of gold plate on it they can boost the price even more.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2146106 View attachment 2146107 I finally got out for my first hunt of the year and found this pendant. On the back side it's, marked .925 AND 18K. There's also a makers mark which I haven't been able to find anywhere on the internet. On the side with the turquoise stone there are two knobs which are gold in color, so I'll assume those are the parts that are 18K but being so small are not worth more than a few cents. This item may well have been made by the Navajo people in the Southwest. If anyone can tell me what the hallmark is, or any other info about this piece, I'd be happy to hear from you.
gorgeous, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread