Silver and Gold

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I hit an old homesite where a wealthy family lived back in the 30's and 40's. Found a bunch of relics, a few coins and this pin that is 24K gold plated. It was from an organization called BWRS (British War Relief Society). I am also showing a picture of a nice silver pendant that a friend of mine found at an old church site and he wondered if any of you could tell him anything about it. Thanks again for looking and your help.

101_1854.jpg

101_1856.jpg

101_1850.jpg

101_1851.jpg

Upvote 0

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
That necklace is awesome Mark!!!!!!!!!!! those are 2 great finds for sure. I am out here in Wisconsin and trying to get the rain to stop so I can hunt a bit. I got out for a few minutes and hit a park and pulled a few wheaties and alot of clad. Seen many possible spots but waiting for weather to cooperate. I see we been getting rain at home so be ready to go hit some spots when I return and keep killin the goodstuff bud!

Slipperyjack47

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That necklace is awesome. I bet it has something to do with a fraternal organization. Real nice. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Are there any markings on the necklace or the pendant? Have you tried to do a silver test on it? They're both really intricate, just beautiful!

Unless the stone is just dirty, it may not be real. Looks like there some scuffs and chips on it? Maybe it's just the picture?

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find markings on it but it came out of the ground "clean" and it gets my SE squealing like silver. I didn't check every link or area so there could be markings on it somewhere.

Hey Jack, the ground didn't moisten down about 4". I am still not nailing any deepies but found some decent stuff I will be posting in a little bit. Let me know when you get back and we will get out somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread