Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really didn't have any plans to get out today but after talking with our good friend Abe this morning I had to get out. I found a nice trashy spot and just spend a few hours in it. The seated quarter was a first for me just need the dollar to have them all. I didn't notice in the field but when I got home I notice an E was carved onto the obverse. I'm stunned by the condition these pewter buttons are in. This is a heavily fertilized corn field and most of the pewter just falls apart. I was also lucky enough to see the glass stone when I was digging. Does anyone have any info on the broken buckle? It looks old and I haven't dug one of that shape. Just looking for what it looks like together and a possible age. A few tombacs, a round ball, a broken piece from a silver spoon and some sort of pin. Looks like it says "swift sure service ". I moved to another section of the field for a few minutes before I left and got a large copper and a 2 cent. Next time I go there ill try that area and see if there's anything else around. Happy hunting.

image-1090877094.jpg

image-3951811148.jpg

image-3132166424.jpg

image-3637117930.jpg

image-4117081002.jpg

image-1126503571.jpg

image-2779651645.jpg

image-1754058592.jpg

image-4033643635.jpg

image-2784621073.jpg

image-4021388035.jpg

Upvote 18
Nice finds grey lock. That seated is awesome.

That Seated quarter dollar is a sweet find ! Would love to find one of those =)

Congrats on the 1875 Seated Quarter, that's a nice find from a corn field! :thumbsup:
I also like the "Swift Sure Service" 'Shield Pin'!
I did some online research trying to find it, but with no luck? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Great finds! I love the seated quarter, I hope to find one someday Enjoy !!

Sweet finds. Especially the seated,

Congrats on the 1875 Seated Quarter, that's a nice find from a corn field! :thumbsup:
I also like the "Swift Sure Service" 'Shield Pin'!
I did some online research trying to find it, but with no luck? :icon_scratch:

Dave

I couldn't find anything either. I'm not 100% sure that's what it says but it looks like that.

Glad you were inspired by my ramblings bro lol. You did great man. I found buttons from possibly 3 different centuries and an ih and some glass. I'll post later. Really digging your finds man. Nice variety

Nice finds.
Love that silver coin.

sweet seated :icon_thumright:

Thanks everyone for the comments. Anyone know what type of buckle the broken green one is and possible age?

Greylock as always some great looking finds you have. The seated quarter is real nice and the condition is sweet. I found an 1859 Seated Quarter yesterday also, not in the condition as yours, but it is a keeper. I will be posting it later today. Good luck if you go out today :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back