What's new

Silver and turtles!!!

Hunter101

Full Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2016
Messages
225
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out this morning at a park. Wasn't finding too much but kept going. I came across an 86-87 signal on the AT Pro. I assumed it was a quarter even though my quarter signal is a bounce between 87-88. Well I pulled a 925 silver ring. Also found lots of clad and a clad half dollar.

image.webp
image.webp

This makes two silver rings for the week. My totals are: 1 gold ring, 4 silver rings, 10 silver coins

Not bad for starting the hobby in February!
 
Upvote 34
Congrats on the silver ring. You're right not bad for just getting started.
 
Nice silver ring congrats!
 
You will find lots more.. this is a very fun and addicting hobby.I lived in AZ for a while the dirt was like cement is it like that where you arer? Great finds hope to see lots more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Now, tell us about the turtles.

Turtles are the design on the ring. And what's cool is the area just around the turtles is textured like coral
 
You will find lots more.. this is a very fun and addicting hobby.I lived in AZ for a while the dirt was like cement is it like that where you arer? Great finds hope to see lots more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dirt for the most part is softish. However a shovel is not the tool in my area. Can't get very deep and it kills the grass. So I use a craftsman 8" long 1/4" wide tip screw driver. It is the only one that has handled the conditions especially like right now not having had rain for a long while. Luckily the screwdriver slides down 3 to 5 inches nicely and that's where most of the stuff I find is.
 
I expected to see real live turtles and now I want my money back...
 
A very unique ring and congrats on your find - like the way you use the craftman screw driver for fishing out your treasures and I don't like seeing MD er's using shovels - anyway thanks for sharing your picture and story with all of us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
I expected to see real live turtles and now I want my money back...

I was looking for something about real turtles also. Your heading is FALSE ADVERTISING.



Very nice ring though!
 
I expected to see real live turtles and now I want my money back...

Well tell you what... I'll make sure I have real turtles to show next time lol
 
Nice ring and good start to the year for you .
 
Very cool ring, Congratualtions! Keep up the good work. :occasion14:
 
I wonder if that is considered a Shell back Ring??
Congrats on some sweet silver
 
That really is a nice ring! I love finding silver. Keep after it, there's more to find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom