robfinds
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2007
- Messages
- 3,531
- Reaction score
- 4,422
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Yorkshire England
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- XP Goldmax
This is a good what is it. I found the first half of this nearly ten years ago, it was eight years and 20 yards away that I found the other bit. It came from a Roman site, it's broken exactly in the middle. As to it's age ?, obviously old, there's no pin on the back, so probably not a brooch. The find does show an high level of workmanship. It's about 1 inch and a quarter long.
Robert.
Robert.


..1st Century, one was found up our way(Silver) and is in the Bowes Museum, but it would be a small one at one and a quarter inches... I hope you declared it 








