What's new

Silver coin drought is finally over

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, after 24 days without finding a silver coin...I found this Mercury dime at my secret spot. This is the 49th silver coin from this spot!

I stayed in full tones on the Deus, and I was absolutely shocked to find a 1940 penny, and then this silver dime. The dime hit a solid 92 from one direction, and then a barely audible low grunt from the other direction. It was 6 inches deep, and right on top of this huge nail. Full tones baby, yeah!

For the first time ever, I used baking soda to clean a coin. The obverse was black from being on the nail. Being a very common coin I thought I'd clean it up. I'm not big on cleaning coins, but what the hell lol. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435897347.352125.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435897379.959606.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435897408.240373.webp
 
Upvote 26
Congratulations drought over. I switched to tones over a week ago a d haven't looked back PS Deershed found the first OD Nickel
 
I can't wait to find an OD nickel in the full tones lol. It's been a while since I have found one...well not as long as Old Dude heh heh
 
Glad to se the drought is over, that thing really cleaned up nice!!
 
congrats on the silver my wife said you stopped by the store sorry I missed you I was going to tell you I got permission to hunt the 1909 store thats a bar and café now
 
congrats on the silver my wife said you stopped by the store sorry I missed you I was going to tell you I got permission to hunt the 1909 store thats a bar and café now

Cool, lots of bottle caps I imagine, but there should be something good there!
 
Good job breaking the slump JC!, I know all too well the feeling of the slump, and nothing wrong with cleaning it up a bit, I actually cleaned my first and only half I found last week
I gouged the face of it when I found it and figured cleaning might hide the scratch a bit lol!!!

now get back out there and find more!
 
Congrats on the Merc Cache! :thumbsup:

Makes it even sweeter that you found it with your new Deus!

Dave
 
Nice to hear you broke out of the silver slump, 49 is a very respectful number for the year.
 
Nice to hear you broke out of the silver slump, 49 is a very respectful number for the year.

Thanks Pepper, but I haven't found 49 silvers for the year. I'm up to around 28 or 29 at this point.

This coin is the 49th silver coin I have found at this particular spot since 2010. Someday I'm hoping to pull #50 out...
 
I gotta' get to my secret spot ASAP to end my silver coin drought. I did find a silver ring but it's not the same.

Congrats on the end of your drought and may this be the start of a great silver run.
 
Well , that's a nice way to end the drought - a sharp little coin indeed .
 
You have breaketh the slump. Now go forth and find many more silver coins. Lol

Congrats,

Steve
 
Nice to hear you broke out of the silver slump, 49 is a very respectful number for the year.

It sure is, compared to my lifetime number of 3, I did not find any last year at all. This year I have found two silver coins, Sorry Old Dude but one was a war nickel :)
 
It sure is, compared to my lifetime number of 3, I did not find any last year at all. This year I have found two silver coins, Sorry Old Dude but one was a war nickel :)

Thanks coinman. Again, 49 is the number of silver coins found at this spot since 2010. My silver count this year so far is less than 30.
 
Congrats JC. It has probably been 6 weeks since I found a silver coin. You're on track for a nice final year end count.
 
Congrats JC. It has probably been 6 weeks since I found a silver coin. You're on track for a nice final year end count.

Thanks Dude, hopefully your next silver coin will be of the five cent variety...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom