What's new

silver coin/token id

Timbermaster

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
437
Reaction score
1,890
Golden Thread
0
Location
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab 540
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet someone recognizes this. I was not able to find out anything due to the poor quality images. Anyone know what it is? I don’t know the finder, but it was dug in western Montana.

A57BA5F5-214B-4737-958D-61FD0A66DBA4.webp
1C5A55E6-FC7A-454E-8DA9-3800C72C8913.webp
 
Hi Renee! I can’t read it. I only have the pictures, and they suck. I am hoping someone recognizes what it is since I can’t read anything for sure. It looks like it MAY say ....the middle of the...(maybe?) land? I see the word ‘silver’ too.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like this guy - Black Foot - "sits in the middle of the land." But I wasn't able to find this specific token....

bf.webp
 
Upvote 0
Casino gaming token maybe? Someone should be able to identify this one, even with the blurry pics!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The text along the bottom probably reads: "Awe Kualawaachish"
 
Upvote 0
Exactly, this was the name of the Crow Indian chief also known as “Sits in the middle of the land”. I think this was a limited attempt to create tribal currency a few years back. I remember reading about it but not sure if it came to anything.

The text along the bottom probably reads: "Awe Kualawaachish"
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wish I had that hatchet that second one is holding. I wonder where it's at today?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom