MalteseFalcon
Bronze Member
Found this nifty article that was posted on the net just yesterday:
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4673.html
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4673.html
Upvote
0
jersey devl said:Let it drop...we will reach $28-30 by next march. Fundamentals long term are still obvious. Sell in may and go away...not for long!
MalteseFalcon said:I saw an article last fall that showed the yearly silver prices for the past 4 years or so. Each year, silver spiked in price in February to April, and then bottomed out in June-July.
So I timed my last silver sale accordingly, and in February when it was up at around 20 an ounce I sold.
Made out rather well.
Immy said:I remember going to a coin show in late March and seeing a dealer selling silver rounds for $18 each which was just about spot back then. I debated buying about 10 of them for the heck of it but decided instead to get a 1932-S quarter so I'd be one coin away from finishing my Washington set (the 1932-D is next at the next show in a couple weeks). Since that show silver hasn't approached $18 again.
TreasureTales said:I keep hearing and reading that China needs lots of silver for technology and it can't produce enough of its own to satisfy the need. I also think the world economy is going to get worse because of the food shortages and rising food costs. With this information, presuming there is even a small percentage of it to come true in the next 12-24 months, I think silver will climb over $20/troy ounce. I hope so, I just bought a few 90% US coins from a friend at 14x face. If it doesn't climb, I'll have a safety deposit box that costs more to rent than it's worth. LOL
Oh, these same sources of information said gold doesn't have the same demand as silver because it is mostly used for jewelry now, and some dental work. If the world economy remains shaky, the demand for jewelry declines. Silver, on the other hand, is used for technology and jewelry. What do you think? Do you think this information is being spread by precious metals brokerages in order to sell more product, or is it based on sound predictions?
Immy said:I have a friend in the jewelry biz (everything from design and manufacture to sales) and she says the sharp fluctuations are giving them fits. The main problem is, some of their bigger buyers want contracts that lock in the metal price for a whole year! How can you do business like that?
jim4silver said:MalteseFalcon,
Sounds like you picked a good exit point for now. But the question is, if you plan to get back in, when do you buy? Will we hit 15, 14 or lower?
If there is some type of bs dollar rally, how low will we go?
Jim

TXTim said:Despite all that, the US still has the hottest economy in the world.
jim4silver said:but I have to call it like I see it.
If things were so great here with our economy, why would the government be sending $600 to everyone to go and spend? Most of the manufacturing jobs that once made our economy strong are overseas or otherwise gone.
At some point all the "stimulus" packages and fed liquidity are no longer going to work. At that time, and now, precious metals with hold their value I believe. Inflation is costing Americans greatly with higher fuel, food and energy costs. I bet their incomes are not increasing at the same rate as inflation.
P.S. China's economy is much stronger than ours right now, if you use economic growth as a measure.
Jim
jersey devl said:THE FACTS By: Bix Weir
23) In the US, Gold confiscation laws are still on the books but there are currently no silver confiscation laws.