kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the amber jar ? If it's an amber canning jar it could be worth more than the silver.

Bick

Greenie
Dec 5, 2006
I was thinking sorta the same thing the other night. If coins are cached in, say a mason jar with a with the tin lid, would you be able to pick it up if you were in a disc mode? Pretty new to the sight and to the hobby, so if anyone has the answer....

74BRONC

Oct 24, 2006
I still donā€™t know what to believe some people I talk to say that the coins have to be in direct contact with the ground and others say that it doesnā€™t matter if they are in a jar or pot.
The only thing I know for sure is that my GTI 2500 is pretty much useless in all metal mode because of all the noise it makes.

Hey Bick what is Disc Mode?

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course don't forget the moonshine. Should be about ready...
HAH! I love it

That is one big assed coil and I really like the shovel. I have one similar but that is just the refinement I needed.
Thank You, sir!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i would have freaked out if i had unearthed that find! well done!

74BRONC

Oct 24, 2006
billKY
Yes I am brand new to metal detecting and this is my first detector.
Initially when I first started messing around with the machine I thought that I might have messed up the settings too much so I did the factory reset that you are talking about it didnā€™t help at all. I have the sensitivity and the threshold turned down to try to make it be a little more quiet I also turned the surface elimination on to about 4 inches. Because I thought that I might be reading trash signals but that hasnā€™t seemed to help either.

I like your idea of digging the dirt and sifting it I will definitely try that before I do anything else.

Maybe itā€™s just because Im a newbie but I find it hard to believe that theyā€™re is that many metal targets in my back yard I would have never expected it

Unfortunately your steel probe idea just wonā€™t work for me because the area that I am looking for the cache is just too large to try to probe for. Plus way too many rocks.

By the way it seems to work great in coin mode I havenā€™t tested for depth yet but just throwing quarters and dimes out in my yard the machine has found every one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread