What's new

Silver earring in wet slope sand this morning

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again8-) ( the little "handwaving " emoticon on my computer is non-functioning :icon_scratch:)

It was a slight rain fall as I left the driveway on my way to the beach , but the sky looked to be clearing up by the time I arrived at the beach ( 20')

Timed it just right and was able to detect the tide coming in on the wet slope:thumbsup:

Hadn't done this area for several months; ended up with clads and a silver earring.

Strange thing about this earring sound- it was not the usual high silver" ping" sound ( was using the elite); wondering if it is because the earring is a hollow one:dontknow:

So I thought that it was probably aluminum; it was also very light, and it had a dull finish.

Got home and cleaned it, tested it with silver acid test which proved + ( that made me happy)

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking.

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3017.webp
    DSCF3017.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF3016.webp
    DSCF3016.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF3019.webp
    DSCF3019.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
Awesome! Glad the rain stopped. I am praying for rain here in CA. I'm going to hunt in it just because lol!
 
Good job on the ear ring:thumbsup:
 
Glad to see you got out and scored some silver . WTG Lorraine
 
Great finds Lorraine! Hope you find the other earring, they will look nice on you.
 
Nice earring, Lorraine! Just a tip about testing silver... I work for a pawn shop and test all their metals. The method we use for silver is rubbing it on a scratch stone and dropping 18kt acid on the mark. If it turns bright blue, it's sterling. Very simple, and doesn't ruin the finish of the piece by dropping acid directly on it. Silver acid always confused me anyway :icon_scratch:. Keep those finds coming!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom