What's new

Silver Finds Are Getting Better........

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting a 1880 school ground for around a year now. Its three blocks from my house. The school was leveled around 10 years ago. The owner who is a friend of mine lets me detect there with impunity. He came by my house a few weeks ago and wanted me to help him find a door handle that he pulled off his mothers storm door and had fell into the ivy bed. Took about 3 seconds to find it. Wanted to pay 10 bucks. Not. Anyhow went detecting last night because we got over a couple inches of rain over the holiday. Had never checked the sod across the street on the corner in front of the school. Between the street and sidewalk. Where the kids used to hang out before school. That's where big Ben used to live,
only two inches down......found the dimes pictured on the school property over the last year.
 

Attachments

  • whiny.webp
    whiny.webp
    372.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Upvote 46
7 silvers,,, that's not easy to do
Congrats on the half and I do love Mercury's
 
Ben does not show up often. You should be grateful that he graced your hole with an appearance.

Best of luck to you sir!
 
Congratulations on the big silver find! :occasion14:
 
That's some nice finds Ive been in a slump on silver for the last 12 hunts. I keep all mine in coin holders with dates and location written on them and have the display cases from Michaels Id love those in my collection !!!Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Nice! Ben remains hidden from me, but I'm still looking for him. Congrats on some fine silver?
 
Congrats on the Franklin half dollar very nice
 
Great job on all the silvers! Still bucket-listing a Ben! Congrats...

-- Jeff --
 
Thanks for the nice replies brothers............I use a Whites 5900 Di Pro sl, that I purchased new back in the 80's. The half rang up right on the 85. Dug a lot of can lids at that reading. Keep searching/digging.
 
Nice work, good site for looking, I hope you find lots more!
 
Congratz! Big Ben doesn't show up too often on this forum!
 
Apparently 7 silvers is easy to do, catherine1! You just have to know where the hoodlums hung out ... ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom