What's new

Silver Finds

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well too much snow to detect so here's some small silver wotsit's. One I think is some sort of fastener and maybe not of great age. The other though the silver flower/star to me looks possibly medieval. I can't see any attachment points on it at all ?.

HH - Robert.
 

Attachments

  • Silver what 006.webp
    Silver what 006.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Silver what 007.webp
    Silver what 007.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 402
No idea on the flower but as you guessed the loop is part of a fastener:

Eye section of an early post-medieval wire clasp, Class A,Type 1. 17th century.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
No idea on the flower but as you guessed the loop is part of a fastener:

Eye section of an early post-medieval wire clasp, Class A,Type 1. 17th century.
Cheers Crusader, I like the flower more every time I look at it, wish it could talk.
 
Upvote 0
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
No idea on the flower but as you guessed the loop is part of a fastener:

Eye section of an early post-medieval wire clasp, Class A,Type 1. 17th century.
Cheers Crusader, I like the flower more every time I look at it, wish it could talk.

It is nice & as you say without any visible attachment points its a mystery
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom